End of the line.....

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: End of the line.....

Post by Peter Butler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Yet another of our Club members to add to the list of deceased friends this year. I could never have imagined the bad news would continue at such a pace.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:10 pm

very sad news peter I attended a funeral of someone's dad who I do a lot of work for .he was in his 80s last time I spoke too him was before Christmas he was taking out his e type jag for a spin that he has had from new had a good chat and a laugh and joke .he went flying off in his jag without a care in the world .shortly after Christmas he sadly died .you never know whats around the corner death is a part of life.my granddad went out in style loving old tractors he went on a old trailer towed by this john deere with a convoy of his mates in toe all in there tractors

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:41 am

Well I didn’t think like others that Peter was giving up, I thought it was about some railway line some where. Has for getting old, we all get old has son as we are born, it a fact of life. Anne thinks I am still a little or should that be Big kid.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:52 am

I'm not feeling particularly creative today and whilst sitting at my laptop passing the time I found myself browsing various historical posts. This one stood out as it is most appropriate.
I received an email this morning to let me know a very close and personal friend passed away during the night. I spent several hours with Tony just four days ago at his bedside at home. He was on three simultaneous treatments of morphine and still in pain. His pain has now ended!
He has been a model group member almost as long as myself and he always attended meetings, exhibitions and social events with us. Not a garden railway enthusiast, but a good small scale model maker, he will be greatly missed by our group.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:54 pm

Sad to hear. But I'm sure he was comforted by knowing you were there.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:47 am

That is sad news Peter, losing someone close and a good friend is hard to accept and deal with.
My condolences go out to you and his family. :(

I myself haven't been sleeping very well if at all, since I got the news of my eldest brother, about 1 hour a night. I just can't settle and think about him all the time. Funeral tomorrow, which I am not looking forward to. :(

Sorry about the drift Peter...

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:39 am

Thanks Rod, I'm sure your loss is even greater than mine and I feel for you. At our age it is a fact of life that we will be experiencing such events more frequently but it shows how many friends we have made on the journey.