Cannot renew my 16mmngm membership

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Cannot renew my 16mmngm membership

Post by Busted Bricks » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Great, I am not able to renew my membership. The new subscription service does not have Faroe Islands in its list of countries. It surprises me how often I come across this. Ebay doesn't believe we exist either.

Disappointed on the Faroe Islands

PS: The new subscription service shows my address as Adjuntas, Puerto Rico.

sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:00 pm

I'm aware of other people having similar problems. I guess the only thing to do is email Alan Regan. Its not a straight forward process even in the UK. When they finally sorted my email address out I decided to renew three days ago and it went wrong. Got a server error. I sent all the details of what went wrong with a screenshot to Warners and Alan Regan and got no reply just another renewal email. Fortunately I checked with the credit card company today and the money was taken but I never got any confirmation email or anything so I don't know if Warners have actually registered my membership. So still don't know if I am actually now a member or not but they have my money. I hope you have more success than me.
Barry
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:43 pm

Have you tried to phone them instead of coming straight online to complain or contacting them via email? There are other ways to renew.
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:48 pm

I have emailed Warner Group and asked if they can add my country.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:52 pm

I know there is a valid reason for the Association to go down this route but I refuse to use it! My membership has been renewed by 'phone so I know there is confirmation immediately.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Paul H
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Paul H » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:27 pm

I ended up phoning in as well. I would have preferred doing it online, but I got it sorted in the end. Hopefully the process will be sorted out before we have to renew next year.

maxi-model
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by maxi-model » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:33 am

Had all the problems noted, except missing location. Annoying that I had to check the "Shed notices" for additional information to complete the on-line process, e.g. not accepting your bank address. Wasted 1/2 hour on-line trying to re-enlist after being constantly kicked out. 3 weeks later decided to go the phone route. Waited 10 minutes being told, " your call is important to us......you are in a queue.......we can call you back sometime in the next 2 hours". Sorry had to go out.

Soon as I saw the long winded instructions first come out I thought this is going to end in tears. It was all so simple with a PayPal reminder each year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I understand it was an onerous task for some big hearted members but I wonder how many frustrated members the association will loose through this. Only thing keeping me in is the Northhant's group are a very convivial bunch.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:06 am

maxi-model:116656 wrote: It was all so simple with a PayPal reminder each year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I understand it was an onerous task for some big hearted members but I  wonder how many frustrated members the association will loose through this. .
My feelings precisely! This is why I flatly refuse to use the new system.
If fewer members support it we might get back to a user-friendly way of operating.

philipy

Post by philipy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:43 am

When it was first announced I was concerned, but I have to say that I had no problems with using the new system to renew.
However I do still feel uncomfortable with it, for reasons that I can't really put my finger on, but possibly a residual awareness of having had problems with Warners in the past.
Philip

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:08 pm

I thought I had renewed online, then, a few weeks later I checked the bank accounts, couldn't find anything taken? So I rang them up to check and they said it had not been renewed, so fine, I am just not renewing.

For me, the paypal route was easier too, though I do understand, not for everyone.

Ah well, we all live and learn :)
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:28 pm

[quote="-steves-:116660"]....... I am just not renewing.

For me, the paypal route was easier too, [quote]

That's one down!

Johnnie2sheds
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Johnnie2sheds » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Are we still able to renew at Peterborough? I think I will leave it til then, if its possible.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Johnnie2sheds:116664 wrote:Are we still able to renew at Peterborough? I think I will leave it til  then, if its possible.
This will just be possible, but you'd be far better off phoning up like the other 28% of members have, as opposed with sending in a cheque. I've had a word with Alan Regan this evening - more people have renewed through Warner's at this point in time than had renewed last year.
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

River Lin
Fireman
Fireman

Post by River Lin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Used the telephone route yesterday. No problems.
David.
Northants and East Midlands groups are certainly most friendly. I wouldn't want to miss the Sunday meetings.
David T.

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Calling won't help in my case if they don't have my country of residence in their system. I'm surprised my address didn't spit out an error when they did the data migration. Perhaps they don't have any validation checks in place.

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Calling them does help... One of the directors had the same problem and they sorted it easily enough...
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:07 am

Brian
28% may have renewed by phone but isn't that a backward step in this day and age of online payments.

And Warners still have my money and have still failed to confirm my membership status !

Their lack of response to email enquiries is appauling !

Barry
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 am

sstjc:116672 wrote:Brian
28% may have renewed by phone but isn't that a backward step in this day and age of online payments.

And Warners still have my money and have still failed to confirm my membership status !

Their lack of response to email enquiries is appauling !

Barry
I try to do everything online, banking, tax etc etc, but when the system just isn't up to the job and nearly 30% are having to use a phone, then something tells me that something is a miss :oops: . Its not like a am a technophob as I am a computer engineer, lol ;)
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Big Al
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Big Al » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:25 pm

I must agree The old method using PayPal was best, I have tried to renew on line but failed so I sent the Direct debit form in still do not no if I am An ex-member or if I renewed How can I tell It's not come out of my bank account yet.
Allen Hopper - early retirement can't beat it !

stoker
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by stoker » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:13 pm

What's wrong with re-newing via direct debit?
I posted the form off before I went on holiday(a fortnight on the Algarve!)and when I returned home the conformation letter was on the doormat....simples....

:lol:
youth is wasted on the young...