Toddler powered

A place for discussing diverse methods of powering locomotives, such as Internal Combustion, Wind, etc...
philipy

Post by philipy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:43 am

That is brilliant!
With first grandchildren due to make an appearance in the next few weeks, I'm wondering if I should accumulate now, for the future! :)
Philip

Howardws
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Howardws » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks DaveWatkins, I'm not sure I would have been brave enough without help!

As you will see the chassis fits, sort of, either with the motor in the boiler and possibly the batteries in the cab roof or the motor in the cab and the batteries in the boiler.

pskipper
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by pskipper » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:55 am

I had been considering the HGLW chassis with a pony truck to balance it out, that might happen in the future when push along becomes less fun :) All look very good and I'm impressed at the people who have managed to get the plastic bits off without breaking them, mine was pre-loved and they had been epoxy'd back on at some point hence the filler job to get rid of the gaps :).

dhippey
Cleaner
Cleaner

HGLW Chassis

Post by dhippey » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:47 am

Just a follow up to the HGLW chassis. As standard we supply a 2 cell AA battery holder, but if you want we can supply a 2 cell AAA battery holder in its place. Just let us know when you place an order.
We have both sizes in stock.

Regards,
David H.

Howardws
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Howardws » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:46 am

I decided on an IP Engineering budget chassis in the end - seeing how simple it was has decided me to make my own in the future. The wagons have been made bomb proof (hopefully) as my grandson is only 28 months old. Colour scheme of the wagons suggested by his 5 year old cousin! The battery is going to have to go on the floor of the cab.