LGB Stainz Chimney Replacement

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
WhitehouseFilms
New User
New User

LGB Stainz Chimney Replacement

Post by WhitehouseFilms » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:12 am

When I first got into garden railways it was in 2015 when my parents got me a Stainz Passenger set for Christmas as well as a Works train set the following year. At the same time I began watching the TV series the Garden Railway and a Stainz appeared in it, but with a different chimney to the one I have. So for my garden railway I'd like to have one of my Stainz engines fitted with a new chimney, item 65103 to be exact. I've seen some Stainz engines fitted with these chimneys and I quite liked how they looked. However, because my Stainz is of a later make, the chimney that I bought to replace the one fitted appears to be that for the older Stainz model where it is screwed to the chassis block. This new chimney is also fitted with smoke generator but doesn't have any wires leading from it that can be plugged directly to the model's circuit board. Is there some way I can fit this chimney properly or is it not possible for the later versions?

MRail
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: LGB Stainz Chimney Replacement

Post by MRail » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:37 pm

If you look at G Scale Central, you will find many LGB fans who will tell you the finest details.

https://www.gscalecentral.net/forums/st ... -steam.84/
Rob G
Madog & Mersey Railway (SM32)
In my Father's roundhouse are many loco sheds.