TVT - Modernised Passenger Services

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
DonW
Fireman
Fireman

Re: TVT - Modernised Passenger Services

Post by DonW » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:08 pm

The train looks very terrific. Noisy Miners are a new one to me, but I do know Lorrikeets people here keep them in aviaries and I have seen them flying free at Birdland. However their dropping can be very messy at Birdland them seem to delight in hitting visitors who get tooo close to the feeder. Do they give you any problems with droppings on the railway.

Don

GTB
Driver
Driver

Re: TVT - Modernised Passenger Services

Post by GTB » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:15 pm

DonW wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:08 pm Do they give you any problems with droppings on the railway.
There's nothing to particularly attract the Rainbows to my backyard, where the railway is located. One of their lookouts sat watching me laying track one day and keeping up a running commentary to his mates, but I've not seen them on the track. The tree they are defending is in the garden next door and they roost at night in a paperbark on the other side of the street.

The problem you are seeing with the lorikeets at Birdland is because the use of a feeder is concentrating all the birds in one area, so the odds of being pooped on are higher. They are no messier than any other bird, but I'm also not silly enough to locate a bird feeder over the track.

Regards,
Graeme