Accucraft Baguley Drewry

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Accucraft Baguley Drewry

Post by mymodeltrain » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:00 pm

I have been looking for an Accucraft Baguley model for a long time. I even called U.S. Accucraft and it seems this model has been terminated for a while. I wonder if anyone knows where get this model new or used please contact me.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Trackshack on the Isle of Man, may still have some.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Graff B.
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Graff B. » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:06 pm

I have checked Trackshacks website and they say they will receive new stock in May.

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by mymodeltrain » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Graff B.:116792 wrote:I have checked Trackshacks website and they say they will receive new stock in May.

Thanks for the information. I just sent them an email.

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by mymodeltrain » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:02 pm

mymodeltrain:116793 wrote:
Graff B.:116792 wrote:I have checked Trackshacks website and they say they will receive new stock in May.

Thanks for the information. I just sent them an email.

I really like the model, While waiting for the new stock coming up later this year, if anyone has an Accucraft Baguley new or used that needs a new home, please let me know.

Stewart Gethin
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Stewart Gethin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Oddly enough I've just recently placed an order for one from trackshack. Lots of places I looked seem to be getting more in May. Is it something to do with Accucraft updating the model itself?

Stewart

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by mymodeltrain » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Stewart Gethin:116816 wrote:Oddly enough I've just recently placed an order for one from trackshack. Lots of places I looked seem to be getting more in May. Is it something to do with Accucraft updating the model itself?

Stewart
Trackshack told me back order in May, but Accucraft told me they will have in stock sometime later this year. They didn't mention what the timeframe is. You are lucky anyway to get a new one from Trackshack just recently.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:28 pm

mymodeltrain:116817 wrote:
Stewart Gethin:116816 wrote:Oddly enough I've just recently placed an order for one from trackshack. Lots of places I looked seem to be getting more in May. Is it something to do with Accucraft updating the model itself?

Stewart
Trackshack told me back order in May, but Accucraft told me they will have in stock sometime later this year. They didn't mention what the timeframe is. You are lucky anyway to get a new one from Trackshack just recently.
As a point of note, the Accucraft mannin was due around a year ago according to Track-Shack and the date has has been moved each month another month forwards. Though they do say it will be late March this year now, we shall see as I have watched the date change month after month on the Track-Shack site. Forever hopeful :)
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:38 pm

mymodeltrain wrote:but Accucraft told me they will have in stock sometime later this year
According to Accucraft UK (updated 01 Feb 2016) it is due in Q3 2016 - https://www.accucraft.uk.com/stock-status/

Chris Cairns

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 am

Chris Cairns:116819 wrote:
mymodeltrain wrote:but Accucraft told me they will have in stock sometime later this year
According to Accucraft UK (updated 01 Feb 2016) it is due in Q3 2016 - https://www.accucraft.uk.com/stock-status/

Chris Cairns
Never try to hold Accucraft to a date :(
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Quietman
New User
New User

Baguley Drewery

Post by Quietman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Have a Baguley Drewery Green Diesel for sale. After all this time would you be interested in buying it.

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: Baguley Drewery

Post by mymodeltrain » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Quietman:119525 wrote:Have a Baguley Drewery Green Diesel for sale. After all this time would you be interested in buying it.
I hope you give me a good deal.

Quietman
New User
New User

Post by Quietman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:35 am

Engine sold on eBay as there was no response on this forum. Sorry.

Boustrophedon
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Boustrophedon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:08 pm

I bought one off Ebay, to convert to battery with RC control. I am not to keen on the little electric motor, so I'm currently researching alternatives.

Any ideas?

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:35 am

Boustrophedon:120235 wrote:I bought one off Ebay, to convert to battery with RC control. I am not to keen on the little electric motor, so I'm currently researching alternatives.

Any ideas?
Roger at Friog offers a replacement chassis for the early plastic chassis Accucraft Baguley models. I have one of the early Motor Mules that he built for Tom Cooper and the chassis is built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

http://www.friograil.co.uk/page6.html

Alternatively Essell sells motors, gears, etc. that could be used for rolling your own chassis similar to the Friog one.

Both suppliers use Como motor/gearboxes and metal bevel gears for the final drive, which would be my choice for building a heavy duty diesel chassis.

Graeme

Graff B.
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Graff B. » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:09 pm

I'm not sure but the chassis Essel use for there Harlech Castle or maybe Chattendon would be the right size for a replacement chassis. I think the real Harlech Castle was built from a Baguley loco.