Locomotive Reference List

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
funandtrains
Fireman
Fireman

Post by funandtrains » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Simon Whenmouth has already got quite a few listed in the museum section of his website so you could start there:

http://www.anythingnarrowgauge.co.uk/Mu ... turers.php

There have been quite a few small builders that have come and gone over the years from the UK, US, Germany, France, Japan, Australia, China and other nations.
Cheers, Steve

Alan P
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Alan P » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Yes, Simon's museum section has been a great source of info. Several of my links go to pages on his website, which is a bit cheeky but i actually know Simon and i don't think he minds.

funandtrains
Fireman
Fireman

Post by funandtrains » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:55 pm

I have a few locos not on your list but alas my home laptop has died and it is difficult to get to my photos.

Beck: Zillertal

Maxwell Hemmens: Porter

Argyle: Bantam

M-D-T Schweer: Stainz + another 0-6-0

Aster: Old Faithful, Baldwin 0-4-2 and C & S Mogul

All the above have also done other N.G. locos not on your list to make your task even harder!

Don't forget the Accucraft also date back to the 1980's!
Cheers, Steve

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:24 pm

Alan P:103846 wrote:Thanks, like i said, it's a work in progress. I wasn't aware of any German manufacturers other than Beck & Regner that made 16mm or 7/8ths locos. I have listed Beck and will add Regner.
You could add Herrmann Echtdampf and HDC-Dampf in Germany, Dampfatelier in Switzerland and Atelier Vaporiste in France, all of which produce their own live steam locomotives in scales close to what we term 16mm.

Alan P
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Alan P » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm definitely going to have do some research on all that information, thanks guys.

Steve, one question i thought that the Beck Helene was a Zillertal or at least modeled after one, or are there two different locomotives?

Cheers,

Alan.

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:44 pm

Alan P:104021 wrote:I'm definitely going to have do some research on all that information, thanks guys.

Steve, one question i thought that the Beck Helene was a Zillertal or at least modeled after one, or are there two different locomotives?

Cheers,

Alan.
I think there´s a Beck Helene currently for sale on the ANG website, so have a look and judge for yourself.

funandtrains
Fireman
Fireman

Post by funandtrains » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Alan P:104021 wrote:I'm definitely going to have do some research on all that information, thanks guys.

Cheers,

Alan.
The first batch were basically the same with only the colour being different (Zillertal is Black) later Helenes have a different boiler design with a centre dome.
Cheers, Steve

Alan P
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Alan P » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks Steve. If anyone has a picture of a Beck Zillertal i would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Alan.

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks for taking the initiative on this. I´m sure members of the forum can contribute details and pics. And a trip next year to the heritage section of the Peterboro Show might be a worthwhile investment.

Marc Horowitz´s site (Google: Locomotive of the Month) is also worth a review, as is the book he wrote on a similar theme, "A Passion for Steam". (Hope that´s the right title).

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:21 pm

You could always consult Derek Wiggins, the Association's Heritage Guru................
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Superbiker_uk
Fireman
Fireman

Re:

Post by Superbiker_uk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Alan P wrote: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:30 pm Thanks Steve. If anyone has a picture of a Beck Zillertal i would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Alan.
Are you still looking for a picture Alan? I've been intending to post this for ages. Better late than never :D
IMG_3291(1) (Large).JPG
IMG_3291(1) (Large).JPG (427.54 KiB) Viewed 2166 times
This was made in 1980 and it has not been restored - it's just in amazing condition and runs like clockwork. MASSIVE pressure gauge though :lol: