1:12 scale Regner Vincent

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
TTHLRMatt
Fireman
Fireman

Post by TTHLRMatt » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:30 am

Brilliant, how did you get your finish on the wooden hornblocks ect, it looks very realistic.

Big Al
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Big Al » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 am

What a cracking looking Engine well done.
Allen Hopper - early retirement can't beat it !

jez kirkwood
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by jez kirkwood » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi Matt
Most of the woodwork is hardwood off cuts (mostly from old furniture) cut to size on my bandsaw, then distressed with a wire brush wheel in a cordless drill which is then painted with vinegar which has had rusty nails/wirewool added to it. this looks rubbish when you brush it on but the next morning looks great! The planking on the cab is ice lolly sticks treated in the same way. The metalwork has all been treated with 'Rob & Si's blue jollop' which is availiable from Modelearth Designs and Busybodies.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:24 am

That looks fantastic, well done! I'm about to pinch your wood distressing technique for a project I'm working on. I've used the manky vinegar solution before, but not the wire brush, looking forward to experimenting...

All the best,

Andrew.

St.Michael
Fireman
Fireman

Post by St.Michael » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:24 am

Congrats!! I must say I admire your loco. I also have a strong wish to enter the 1/12 scale. Thinking of a Konrad... Here is a question: Do you have a solution for moving the forward/ reverse handle in to the cabin area on your Vincent??
Regards from Michael

jez kirkwood
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by jez kirkwood » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi Michael, I moved the gas tank to the other side of the footplate on mine which puts the driver well within reach of the reverser!, if you go for the Konrad the cylinder (and thus reverser) is oriented in such a way that it is easy to fit a standard reverse lever in the cab with a link to the cylinder block reverser arm. There was one for sale at Telford this year that was fitted like this.