Post by Marquis DeCarabas » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:09 am

That's a Kerr, Stuart. :)
De Carabas

At the service of angelislington

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:51 am

If you had one of these spare it woulndn't take much to modify it a bit ;)

The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:39 am

JMORG:114676 wrote:My boiler for Moel Tryfan is basically a Roundhouse Lady Anne boiler and it cost £200 instead of £400!
No brainer really...
Ummmm.....

The current Roundhouse price list has the BT1 boiler kit priced at ~GBP282.

Remembering that the kit includes a burner at ~GBP37 and a gas tank with gas valve at ~GBP83, the RH offering looks quite competitive.

Assuming of course that one of the available RH boilers has the dome bush where you actually need it..........

Regards,
Graeme

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:13 am

-steves-:114713 wrote:If you had one of these spare it woulndn't take much to modify it a bit
Only if you want a 7/8" model of Diana and even then it would be less work to start with a Ragleth power unit, or the cheaper Bertie boiler/chassis.

Diana is a Kerr Stuart Sirdar class loco. Tiny things that scale out to about the size of a Mamod SL1 in SM32.

Regards,
Graeme

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:22 pm

GTB:114717 wrote:
-steves-:114713 wrote:If you had one of these spare it woulndn't take much to modify it a bit
Only if you want a 7/8" model of Diana and even then it would be less work to start with a Ragleth power unit, or the cheaper Bertie boiler/chassis.

Diana is a Kerr Stuart Sirdar class loco. Tiny things that scale out to about the size of a Mamod SL1 in SM32.

Regards,
Graeme
I had no idea it was that small, it would be awesome to have something in that size from Roundhouse looking like that :D

funandtrains
Fireman
Fireman

Post by funandtrains » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:40 pm

-steves-:114719 wrote:

Regards,
Graeme
I had no idea it was that small, it would be awesome to have something in that size from Roundhouse looking like that  :D
Roundhouse don't really do small and scale detail rather robust and reliable so I doubt they will do anything small. I sure they could if they wanted to as Regner do for their 45mm only G gauge models.
Cheers, Steve

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:15 pm

funandtrains:114720 wrote:

Regards,
Graeme
I had no idea it was that small, it would be awesome to have something in that size from Roundhouse looking like that  :D
Roundhouse don't really do small and scale detail rather robust and reliable so I doubt they will do anything small. I sure they could if they wanted to as Regner do for their 45mm only G gauge models.
I am sure they could and I am sure would if they knew there was a big enough market out there for it ;)

I personally have never seen (or at least paid any attention to) any of the Regner stuff in "real life" so to speak, only online. Wouldn't mind seeing them.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:28 pm

The Roundhouse "Tom Rolt" was rather small, wasn't it? I thought that was a very nice model.

funandtrains
Fireman
Fireman

Post by funandtrains » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:45 pm

-steves-:114722 wrote:
funandtrains:114720 wrote:

Regards,
Graeme
I am sure they could and I am sure would if they knew there was a big enough market out there for it ;)

I personally have never seen (or at least paid any attention to) any of the Regner stuff in "real life" so to speak, only online. Wouldn't mind seeing them.
This is their standard 0-4-0 chass with full gear:
http://www.atelier-vaporiste.com/WWW2/c ... /20640.jpg
and loco range:
http://www.atelier-vaporiste.com/WWW2/s ... LOK&lng=en
Cheers, Steve

Paul H
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Paul H » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Tom Rolt was really toward the small end of what Roundhouse can produce using standard components like burner size and flue size, cylinders, valve gear, etc.

I would expect to see something fairly chunky, outside framed, and likely a tank loco. Snailbeach Railway's Dennis comes to mind as a possibility. Or perhaps something South African such as a Lawley 4-4-0 or NG4 4-6-2T. Maybe its time for another American prototype, perhaps in the shape of one of the the outside framed Forneys of Sandy River and Bridgton and Saco River design. All will be revealed in the fullness of time...

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Paul H:114746 wrote:Maybe its time for another American prototype, perhaps in the shape of one of the the outside framed Forneys of Sandy River and Bridgton and Saco River design. All will be revealed in the fullness of time...
If they did, I wonder if they would call it "KATE"??
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

funandtrains
Fireman
Fireman

Post by funandtrains » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 pm

People have been asking for the Forney to be made again for some time now and now the the $ is strong again it would make business sense, the fist time it came out the $ fell and so sales in the US were hit.
Cheers, Steve

Paul H
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Paul H » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Brian,
My mate Grover had a model of Bridgton and Saco River #7 (a Baldwin Forney of 1913) that was named Kate in small script letters on the sides of the cab.

Paul

robbieg96
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by robbieg96 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Agree with you there Keith.

An Isaac/Gelert is top of my wish list.

Not impossible to do, prob about the size of a Lady Anne using the chassis similar to Karen.
Rob
The Bayfields Light Railway & The Woodside Light Railway

cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by cncmodeller » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:16 pm

I dont know why they don't take the Peckett chassis Karen and do some of the other much more attractive Peckett locos,like the Furzebrook or the Sena Estates saddle tanks.

John

Dannypenguin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dannypenguin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:37 am

We've just received the dealers press release and no-one is terribly close I'm afraid, but for those of you not at Peterborough I'll be posting pictures at 10am tomorrow morning, as I'm not there either!

I'm afraid we're under strict instructions not to release anything else until then, sorry!
Dan

Visit the PFLR website - http://poultonfarmlightrailway.webs.com/
Dean Forest Railway Society website - http://dfrsociety.org/

TonyW
Driver
Driver

Post by TonyW » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:42 pm

Dannypenguin:117237 wrote:I'm afraid we're under strict instructions not to release anything else until then, sorry!
You tease! I still reckon it is a fully-functioning internal-combustion-engined press-button-and-go Vale of Ffestiniog diesel.
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

Dannypenguin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dannypenguin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Oh no! You've guessed it in one - but you forgot about the directional lights! ;) Oh wait I think I have read the email wrong...
Dan

Visit the PFLR website - http://poultonfarmlightrailway.webs.com/
Dean Forest Railway Society website - http://dfrsociety.org/

Gralyn
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Gralyn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Or Lady in Red maybe.
Regards Graham.