North Pilton Works

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
blythjunctionmike
Cleaner
Cleaner

North Pilton Works

Post by blythjunctionmike » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi, new to the forum and just want to add my experience after reading other posts about this supplier. I paid £140 directly to Mr Coxon on 14th May for the assembled kit of a diesel loco. He said he had a kit in stock and it would take a few weeks to do. Nothing happened for weeks and like other members there was no reply to phone calls or emails. I eventually managed to speak with Mr Coxon sometime in August and was promised it would be done in the next couple of weeks. Still nothing and I then left messages and emails threatening to start proceedings to recover my money. Still nothing then I received a phone call from him saying he would refund my money AND send me the loco free of charge! I have confirmed that a refund has been made but will l also get the loco? I must admit I have never in decades of railway modelling experienced anything like this and am at a loss to explain this way of doing business. No apology has ever been made in all this time. Look forward to any comments from other members.
Cheers for now.

BorisSpencer
Fireman
Fireman

Re: North Pilton Works

Post by BorisSpencer » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:18 pm

I have to say that NPW are the only supplier in our rather niche hobby with whom I've had issues and about whom I've read unfavourable reviews.
Don't take it as the norm.

Look at the likes of Phil Sharples, Houston Gate, IP Engineering, Timpdon, and Swift Sixteen, for what to expect in a cottage industry supplier.
Once the shows are back up and running, being able to see peoples wares in the flesh and actually speak to owner/manufacturer in person is the perfect way to gauge quality and reliability.

blythjunctionmike
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by blythjunctionmike » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:17 pm

Thanks Boris, something to put down to experience I suppose and to look elsewhere next time.
Cheers
Mike.

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:54 pm

I've just built 3 x 5 plank wagons which I got from a ebay seller who hadn't built them. I was impressed by the quality and decided to get more kits having forgotten the previous slowness of service. Has anyone had some recent good service from North Pilton Works?

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:12 pm

Ok my order was placed on the 3rd and received on the 10th. I think that the company is running better than their previous reputation suggests. The quality of their products is superb.

Old Man Aaron
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Old Man Aaron » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:12 pm

Great to hear! :D
Regards,
Aaron - Scum Class Works