ip engineering

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
avalon
Cleaner
Cleaner

ip engineering

Post by avalon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:52 am

Are these people still in business?
I sent them an order 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing - not even an acknowledgment.
I know they received my order because they have taken my payment.
They are not answering the phone and I have sent them an e-mail but no-one is answering.
What's going on?

avalon
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: ip engineering

Post by avalon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:33 am

At last!

IP Engineering finally answered phone and I asked why they had not done so for more than an hour and was told that he was out. There is apparently no-one else in the office.

IP told me that they do not contact their customers to acknowledge orders or advise of dispatch because of "security reasons".

I was told that my order had been dispatched 7 days ago. It would have been nice to know!

I asked why he did not use PayPal which is secure and he said it would add 20% to his prices!

He offered me a refund and I was pleased to accept it.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:02 am

Paypal does not add 20% directly, I think it's about 3.5%, however, with Paypal protection, some people do rip the mickey and end up getting items and refunds, so as a business or an eBay seller, you are in for some hard times. Such a shame as it worked fairly well for a while. I can understand a business both taking and not taking it as it will increase sales as it's so simple. Just my humble opinion anyway :)
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:15 pm

That's just what it's like dealing with IP engineering. I've never tried to call them on the telephone, but when I place an order, it always turns up pretty soon afterward. I placed an order with Brandbright and IP on the same day in January. Received two or three e-mails from Brandbright- your order has been recieved; payment cleared; order dispatched, you know the usual. Didn't hear anything at all from I.P. - but both orders arrived on the same day. At different places. I.P. arrived at my house, Brandbright at someone else's. Luckily I live in a relatively small town and the person who lived there knew me.

I never worry about my I.P. orders. As far as I know the whole concern is one guy. He is probably busy and is probably "out" a lot of the time when you try to ring him. I'm like that too. I don't spend my life goggling at a mobile device. If you ring me and I don't answer, it's because I'm not in my house. That's where my phone is.

It would be different if the goods never showed up, but you may take my word- I've placed lots of orders with IP, and they've always arrived without delay and they've always been correct.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Ivan is a top bloke to deal with, but not the easiest to get hold of at times.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Generally if you have an issue it's best to email Ivan. I've only ever had to email him once (needed some spare white metal handles); just posted a bag full for free. Can't complain...