North Pilton Works?

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
RoGner
New User
New User

North Pilton Works?

Post by RoGner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Advice/info please - has anyone ordered (and received) the rail bus set from this company?

I ordered a rail bus set (£120) in August 2016 and have still not received it...

As my emails were not answered, I have telephoned in October, November, December and finally last week and each time I am told "its on its way today/tomorrow" - I have now today just asked for my money back.

Any advice on what to do if i don't get the refund?

Thanks
Roger
Roger
The Lea Bailey Light Railway - follow us on Facebook

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:10 pm

There's some help on the Association web site at: http://www.16mm.org.uk/membership/membe ... /policies/.................
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:42 pm

I have ordered the guards van in early December through ebay and it was due for delivery on 23rd dec. they have apologised for the delay and say they have posted it today. I have ordered and received their fence set.

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:02 am

I now have the guards van. Any progress on your railbus?

Sylvian Tennant
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Sylvian Tennant » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:23 am

I haven't dealt with them specifically but I ordered their kits from GRS over Christmas and it came no problem. Although I can't help with this specific issue, others have given some good advice.

GWRGirl
New User
New User

Re: North Pilton Works?

Post by GWRGirl » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:51 pm

I have also ordered the rail bus set from them on April 16th 2017 I have telephoned and emailed North Pilton Works and was told it would be posted out to me on the Monday 24th April 2017. Never arrived I even spoke to Mr Coxon he promised I would receive it. Still hasnt arrived I tried today 16th of June no reply from either telephone number given. The price I was given was £128.50 with postage. Does anyone know if this company is still trading. Luckily I paid through PayPal do I give them more time.?
Regards,
Gloria (GWRGirl).

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Personally I think 2 months is plenty of time for any trader to deliver the goods. I would instigate the PayPal refund and see if that sharpens his attitude. I did have an incident with a different trader and found the threat of going to a refund brought the goods. Good luck.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 am

I would have thought 2 months also is more then enough time, even less for me though, because most things should be in stock unless it is a complete build, even then i would expect it within 6 weeks. don’t think i would chance losing any money to this company, but i haven’t bought from them directly, only off eBay.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:12 am

Just seen this on their website, don’t know if it will help anyone or you Roger.

North Pilton Works OPEN DAY – 29th October
We will be having an open day at The Millers Arms pub on Sunday the 29th October in Lincoln (on the High Street), where we will have all our products on display and welcome everyone to come and have a look.

TonyW
Driver
Driver

Post by TonyW » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:30 am

Having run in to some difficulty with a trader a few years ago, I found that a visit to their stand at a well-attended show a year or so later worked wonders in resolving my issue with them...

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Asking awkward questions in a public space can have a wonderful effect.....
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Just Julie
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Just Julie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi,
I have just found this thread about a passenger railbus purchased from North Pilton Works not arriving.
I was wondering if Roger and Gloria ever received their refunds or railbus.

I have also ordered and paid for the railbus but have not yet received it. It was ordered in early June 2018 and is now late August, so nearly 3 months has passed.
During the last month I have rang every week and have been told it would be in the post in the next few days. The delays have been due to minor problems. The gentleman I spoke to is very friendly on the phone. I am hoping it will turn up this week due to the bank holiday posting delays.
I have bought items from North Pilton Works on eBay and have received them with no problem. :(

Just Julie
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Just Julie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:27 am

Update
Good News, the passenger railbus and coach arrived safely on Monday evening. So pleased. Radio control also fitted.