Bowaters Models - 16mm Rolling Stock Kits

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Bowaters Models - 16mm Rolling Stock Kits

Post by angr607 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 pm

JMORG wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:24 pm Look awesome as always.
Does 124 have louvres? Been a while since I've seen it in the flesh.
Thanks for your kind comments. The data we have for it doesn't show them. Niether does 2010. However 125 does as does our model!

Jon
Bowaters Models:- http://www.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Current Projects:-
Rebuilding the Railway!
Turning a Second hand 'Superior' into Bowaters 'Superior'

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 pm

After some work behind the scenes, the next 5 FR coaches are now available!!!! Covering the now out of FR service tin cars and the pairing of coach 100 and service coach 124. Pricing is similar to our existing coaches already released with the tin cars being £95 each on MDF, Coach 100 being £85 in MDF and coach 124 being £75 in MDF. Plywood being £15 more on each price. All kits come with HGLW bogies in either 32mm or 45mm gauge and Accucraft Chopper Couplings. The kits are also available without these items. Speaking of FR coaches and service cars, the 3rd one we’ve designed came off the laser yesterday and is currently sat being built as we type!!! So hopefully on Monday the next 3 FR coaches will be revealed. Then there’s only 1 left to do on our list! Details to follow.

To purchase visit our website here - https://shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk/colle ... og-railway
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:56 pm

We want your ideas!!!! We’re currently working on our 2020 range so want to hear what you would like to see from us? Is there a particular engine you want? A particular railway's rolling stock you want? Any buildings or scenic items you’d like? This can be in any gauge from 2mm all the way upto 1:12 scale! Let us know and we’ll see what we can do! All we will say about 2020 so far, we’re finally filling a major gap in or range considering how important one range of our models is to us and looking at the Isle of Man Railways in 15mm scale but that can change depending on what you want! Prototype image by Max Brayne.
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:15 pm

A long time ago, we announced we were going to do some Maine two-foot gauge coaches specifically Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad numbers 15, 19 and 20. We have also since then looked at 14, 21 and 22. If we proceed with these (and it's a big if at the moment), which ones would you prefer? Or if you'd like some from another railroad, let us know! There is a chance the first one may appear during the tail end of next year if we proceed but nothing is set in stone at this stage.

Image from - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dan4th/5192308670/
Used under - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Time for some Motive Power news! First up - Emma! Based on the Hunslet Tunnelling engine of the same name on the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway, this is a small 0-4-0 diesel which will be available at Exeter! This model is a first for us in that we are producing it in plastic! Made of 3mm acrylic, this engine also comes complete with a PDF Models chassis and Accucraft Chopper Couplings! The version shown the 32mm version which is scale dimension and the 45mm gauge version is wider to suit the width gauge. Priced at £135 in either gauge:

We’re also delighted to confirm that for our next two motive power kits, we will be doing a pair of Planets specifically Upnor Castle and Conway Castle from the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways! Upnor Castle will be modelled post it’s recent rebuild and Conway Castle as it was before its current rebuild! Both will be 32mm and 45mm gauge, come with a PDF Models chassis and Accuraft Chopper Couplings. They will also be scale models of the real things. More information of these two will follow as they progress though their development. Prototype images by Max Brayne.
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Bowaters Models and PDF Models have teamed up to offer a number of motive power and rolling stock packs using both ranges! You can choose from Linda, both Fairlies (Double and Single), the RNAD Diesel, Hudson Hunslet Victor and The Tank for your motive power and the rolling stock is the appropiate Bowaters Multipack! And before you ask, yes you do save money on these packs rather than buying them separately! There are plans to include the new Blanche along with the two in development FR Planets Upnor Castle and Conway Castle! Details to follow soon regarding these!

Also I think I’ll just leave this here...... 36 coaches later and it might be the last FR&WHR coach we do.... for now (I’ve got a few being eyed up if I can get the right information including 111, 1111, 2011, 2152 and 152).

Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:37 pm

I think I’ll just leave these here as well!

As we said on Facebook,here’s the next 3 Ffestiniog Railway Coaches! Covering Superbarns 103/108/121, 117/118/119/120 and Service Coach 125. All of them will be a similar price to the 13m Welsh Highland Railway Coaches being the same length of £90 each in MDF for the non observation coaches.

As with the entire range, there will be a Plywood option and the coaches come complete with bogies in either 32m or 45mm gauge and Accucraft Chopper Couplings.

The two saloons will be available at Exeter with 125 and Observation 150 due early 2020 or Peterborough. However, as with what happened with Bodysgallen, I might be able to be persuaded to release them all at Exeter.....

Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Seeing as we've been asked, here's what our Superbarns look like together! They look absolutely fantastic together. Next image as requested will be our Superbarns and normal FR coaches combined into a typical FR rake from a few years ago. Its going to look fantastic!

Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:50 pm

We’re at the Exeter Garden Railway Show this weekend! We’ll have the latest Ffestiniog Coaches on display including the Superbarns and new Tin Cars. We’ll also have the PDF Models Blanche on display along with our latest class 91 Prototype and our brand new Hunslet Emma!

Plenty to see so come and say hello to see for yourselves! We look forward to seeing you at the show!

There will also be a opportunity to see our FR coaches running on the modular layout with the perfect engine for them! The Roundhouse Double Fairlie.
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:50 am

It must be that time of year again as Jon has just confirmed the Exeter website update is live for those who can't make it to the show! We've added Glaslyn, the Superbarns and Emma to the site along with our Shortie FR Heritage Coach. All of which will be on the stand for those who want to see them at Exeter! Find us next to Yatton Model Engineering in the main hall!

All items are priced between £55 and £130 depend on options chosen.

Find the new releases here:- https://shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk/colle ... t-releases
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:11 am

I really like the look of the "shortie" FR carriage 16, that's going on the wish list. It's a long list, and I don't have the time or money at the moment, but I look forward to seeing it at Exeter tomorrow, even if I won't be making a purchase just yet...

All the best,

Andrew.

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:57 am

I have noticed an issue with Glaslyn Jon. The door windows are wrong:
2100 (1).jpg
2100 (1).jpg (117.42 KiB) Viewed 12078 times
Not sure if you noticed?

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 pm

JMORG wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:57 am I have noticed an issue with Glaslyn Jon. The door windows are wrong:
2100 (1).jpg
Not sure if you noticed?
Hi Jason,

When the first one was built, it was sent off to a number of people for notes. That was on the list. Its been fixed already on current production versions. It was the only error out of about 25 that got missed on the pre production.

Jon
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Seeing as Christmas is coming up, time for those last order dates before christmas! Our range has something for everyone and we’re sure you will find the ideal gift for your loved one (or yourself)!

For motive power, it’s the 15th of November. For everything else, it’s the 30th of November. Any orders made after these dates we will do our best but can’t guarantee you will have your products in time for Christmas.

As always, if you have any suggestions for new products for 2020, let us know and if you’d like to stock our range in your shop or on your Railway, please tell us!
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:34 pm

I do love that coach and I think it is a wonderful addition to your range, but...... and there is always a but!..... of the 25 items you have had pointed out which needed correction, did no-one mention the distinctive rake of the curved end observation windows, which I think are an important identifying feature of this elegant coach?
I can understand the manufacturing issues involved in the build, but I believe that if I built one similar it would be a point of discussion amongst the Forum members.
Sorry to be picky, especially at this stage of production, but if customers are content then let it be!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Peter Butler wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:34 pm I do love that coach and I think it is a wonderful addition to your range, but...... and there is always a but!..... of the 25 items you have had pointed out which needed correction, did no-one mention the distinctive rake of the curved end observation windows, which I think are an important identifying feature of this elegant coach?
I can understand the manufacturing issues involved in the build, but I believe that if I built one similar it would be a point of discussion amongst the Forum members.
Sorry to be picky, especially at this stage of production, but if customers are content then let it be!
Hi,

A correct point to make based on the image presented. It does however feature such a rake. However from that image its hard to see. To say we've had hell with that domed end is a complete understatement with a huge amount of time sunk into getting it as close to right as possible. 150 in comparison was a angel to work on compared to Glaslyn. We're happy enough with it to release and it seems our customers are too! We're still looking at another set of improvements to it before we start main production but that's waiting on a spare 5 minutes to be able to start working on it as the source file is now so broken it'll be faster to start again from scratch than butcher it anymore.

I hope to get it in the garden for some better images once the weather improves (enough).

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks for the reply, I thought it would present a challenge and you seem to have mastered it. It isn't obvious from the angle of the picture so I will be pleased to see the final result.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:21 pm

Two posts in one. My mind's been else where rather unsurprisingly. See below -

Original date of posting on facebook - 16/11/2019

General notice to all customers of both the main range and any ongoing commissions. Jon, who runs Bowaters Models, is currently dealing with some personal medical issues which must take priority. This means work on a number of projects (such as our 2020 range and the Avontuur Models range) has stopped to allow Jon to focus on his health. All orders currently with us are being processed as and when things allow with Jon doing his best to get them to you by Christmas. There is currently no reason why this can’t be achieved. However please do bear with us as other priorities have to take priority encase this can’t be achieved.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Original date of posting on facebook - 28/11/2019

Thanks to help from family members, things are starting to progress nicely. To the point, we're comfortable enough to do our first Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale! With delivery times in time for Christmas, we're offering 10% off your entire order! It will be applied automatically by the website so if there's something that you want, now will be the time to do it! And yes, we will be planning to get everything to you by Christmas at the absolute latest! The discount is applied automatically between midnight on Black Friday to midnight on Cyber Monday.

Check out our website and see what takes your fancy!:- http://shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Any questions let me know. All existing orders will be processed hopefully by the end of next week depending on when me and my family (mainly my family) can get everything done. We are getting there though. Well wishes on facebook have been gratefully received towards my health which is currently being dealt with.

Rebuilding the Railway!

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 am

Hope your health improves Jon, looking forward to seeing more from Bowaters!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:36 am

JMORG wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 am Hope your health improves Jon, looking forward to seeing more from Bowaters!
Yes, absolutely - look after yourself!

With very best wishes,

Andrew.