The RHBR's No.9 'Lochlannach'

What is your latest project?
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:23 pm

I had a moment of genius regarding the chrome plated steps, I've used some of the L section and some plastic rod, that does mean that all of them are permanently in the down position but at least it will be obvious what they are. I've fitted plug connectors to the motor wires and Lochlannoch has moved under her own power, albeit without a bonnet, cab or any body apart from the floor. It's tools down for the moment as I've run out of good, sharp x-acto blade and have wasted time & plastic trying to cut out the other cab side. :oops:

Here are the 6 steps, they're probably a bit small for a 16mm scale foot but I think if they were much bigger they'd dominate the bonnet.

I'm not convinced about the cut-out & milliput method I plan on using for the bonnet top curve, I might well cut out new bonnet sides without the notch and simply sand a curve onto the plastic.

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 pm

The name & works plates have arrived and;
When ordering them I made sure the nameplates would be small, too small for a 16mm loco in fact.
I gambled that the cabsides would just be big enough for the NBL plates, and they're a fraction too short
I'll make new cab sides and add probably plastic strips to the cab rear sheet to simulate door pillars and the teeny nameplates might end up in the cab.
At least this has given me a kick up the proverbials to restart working on her. :laughing3:

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:23 pm

The latest issue of SMT has given me the inspiration to dig out the bits and see what needed doing and I'm unhappy with all of the body so it's been consigned to the scrap heap! :lol: I want to simplify the design so it should look similar to the original design but is easier to make than the first one.