Multi-Tasking

What is your latest project?
Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Multi-Tasking

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Who says blokes can't multi-task? ;)

On the workbench at the mo' I have (simultaneously)
The second of the IP freelance 2 comp rake being built as a Brake/3rd
Some seated passengers for the above
An ACME "Steam Sound" unit being fitted to the GRS Bagnall
An ACME arc welder unit being assembled with "the worker"
A Binnie skip
The Loscoe Home Starter signal
Three Accucraft vans and a brakevan having their 3 link centre buffers fitted and W&L transfers applied

While out in the shed I've prepared a master mould ready for pouring low melt rubber for a stone wall section mould

and meanwhile on the coffee table there are the plans for creating a new street scene on the Westwood & Loscoe :D

And they say that women are best at multi-tasking!
I've just told SWMBO to sit down and stop complaining. Can she do it? (No chance!) :lol:

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:04 pm

I take it SWMBO never reads the forum :D

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Sir Clothem Cap:46896 wrote:I take it SWMBO never reads the forum :D
Sometimes over my shoulder, but she was out at the time of that post :D

So far, the steam sound unit is now fully installed in Sybil and she's outshopped ready for service, the brake/3rd is just waiting for its roof, the skip is ready for the paintshop and the Home signal is ready for "planting".
At this rate all the outstanding jobs will be cleared ready for the arrival of the Baguley to have its (ex-Jessie) sound unit fitted :D

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 am

The comment from my SWMBO was "that's not multi-taking but railway modeller's ADD." She has to put up with me having several projects all half-finished at the same time for the last 11 years so she knows of what she speaks.

Multi-tasking for men is drinking beer and watching TV at the same time!

Peter in AZ

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:27 pm

As Peter mentioned, I'm sure we all have a multitude of 1/2 finished projects "on hold", but these are (were) all "live" :D
Anyhow;

The second of the IP freelance 2 comp rake being built as a Brake/3rd DONE & Run.
Some seated passengers for the above DONE
An ACME "Steam Sound" unit being fitted to the GRS Bagnall DONE & Gone
An ACME arc welder unit being assembled with "the worker" DONE & Now Being modified.
A Binnie skip TBC
The Loscoe Home Starter signal DONE , to be positioned.
Three Accucraft vans and a brakevan having their 3 link centre buffers fitted and W&L transfers applied DONE & Run.

I've also managed to fit the ACME sound unit into the Andel Baguley and she's now in for a little light weathering - the Westwood & Loscoe fleet of goods stock will then get weathered to match the superb job that Ian did on the ex-L&B bogie brake van which now resides at Pentrich Sidings :D

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 pm

I should perhaps point out that it has not been the same half dozen, half-completed projects for the last eleven years, but a rolling list, as most railway projects do not stall completely.

At the moment I am finishing up a TDLR style third-brake, and two other carriages, on a do a little leave a little basis. I also have two new projects: Anglicizing a Ruby, and building three closed/cattle Wagons. Since the weather turned nasty the last two weekends I seem to be on a fit of finishing up old projects, which is probably a good thing, as I have had to abort a couple of trips out to the hobby store.

Peter in AZ