Scratch Built Wagons....

What is your latest project?
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: Scratch Built Wagons....

Post by FWLR » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:26 am

sjrixon wrote: ↑Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:38 am That's a really nice wagon, the 3D printed chassis looks very neat and tidy.

Question - Where are you wheels from? They do look good.
Thank you for your kind comment.

The wheels are Slater's Plastikard, which I use a lot. They are really good and come with brass bearings.
big-ted wrote: ↑Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:41 am Those look great! I'm most impressed with those axle boxes. Did you 3D print those a well? I've found it really tricky to draw leaf springs in CAD. I think your efforts might inspire me to try again.
Hi big-ted,

Thanks for your kind comment.

The chassis is all printed as one. Done in Tinkercad. I can't get my head around any other program on 3D, although I have tried to download one that is used a lot be other members, it just won't on my MacBook Pro. There are one or two members who also have a MacBook and they seem to be able to use other programs, but it keeps on throwing it out on mine... I get by with Tinkercad, though it's not has versatile when it comes to doing a complicated build. :scratch:

Still, the chassis is something I am a little bit proud of and I can improve it if members think it needs something or not. I don't get disheartened now. I have learnt to be more relaxed about things and take things easy. That's why my builds are so slow in doing. :roll: :roll:

I still haven't stopped doing other builds before I finish what I started with though. At the moment I have 4 builds on the go and I run out of filament really quickly. :lol:

Anne did buy me one of those model table saws, bless her, for my 70th in September and I am going to start using it for future builds in ply. It can hopefully reduce the height of the blade, so I can cut indentions to look like individual boards.