Some Narrow Gauge and Garden Railways in Wales 1997.

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Tony Bird
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Some Narrow Gauge and Garden Railways in Wales 1997.

Post by Tony Bird » Sat May 15, 2021 10:58 am

Hi,

I have been copying some more of the many old videos that I made many years ago. In 1997 a friend had been employed as a tour guide for 14 Americans visiting railways and garden railways in the UK. Unfortunately at the last minute the assistant tour guide fell ill and I was asked if I would like the job. The tour was to last two weeks and I could only manage a week however a retired friend said that he could manage the other. So, my wife and I did the first week which was in Wales and our friend the second week which was in England the change taking places at Welshpool in Mid-Wales he having driven my car there for us to return home; he would return to Cardiff suitably by train from I think Manchester. None of us having any experience of this kind of job but fortunately all of us being used to dealing with people. However it was a learning curve and a couple of Boarder Collies would have come in useful!

https://youtu.be/wVyXzHTaHgE

Take care Tony.