Semi-scale BR: almost a BR 2MT, again

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Semi-scale BR: almost a BR 2MT, again

Post by BertieB » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:12 pm

This is a sort of ‘Part Two’ to the previous (First train of spring 2020) video. But also, more-or-less, a reshoot (with different rolling stock).

Some of the last video was horribly soft, so I reckoned I’d better work my way through the 220 page manual and then practise with the camera (Lumix FZ72) to try to get the stuff more reliably in focus, which has mostly been achieved this time. Essentially it seems to be about fast shutter speeds, ‘pre-focus’ and keeping it as ‘manual’ as possible. You probably all know this but I’ve been using an iPhone as a camera for far too long and had stopped thinking about it.

There’s also a mild re-edit of the previous video (with some of the worst of the soft stuff dumped), for what it’s worth, presently at:

https://www.toytrainsinthebackgarden.co ... andscape/4

Cheers.
Last edited by BertieB on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Re: Semi-scale BR: almost a BR 2MT, again

Post by Lonsdaler » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Okay, well done! Ignore my post in your previous thread - as you're clearly getting to grips with it. :D :thumbup:
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Semi-scale BR: almost a BR 2MT, again

Post by BertieB » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Lonsdaler wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:01 pm “...Ignore my post in your previous thread - as you're clearly getting to grips with it”
No, I appreciate the advice, thank you. I’ll look at the ‘scenes’ stuff more carefully, as you suggest.