Twilight run on the Pistoria & Marradi Light railway

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Twilight run on the Pistoria & Marradi Light railway

Post by artfull dodger » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:12 pm

A twilight run behind battery powered LGB 2073d with a box wagon full of bottled wine, and a tasting party in the coach. The railway just purchased its first live steam locomotive(not my first but the first for this railway build). An all black Roundhouse Lady Anne, which should fit the part on my little railway set in Tuscany. Running a mix of imported Austrian and UK build narrow gauge locomotives and cars. The railway serves the vineyards, winery and operates a dinner/wine tasting train. While I am in the USA, my wife is Italian and we both love the culture, style and food. While on lockdown due to the virus, I finally finished up wiring the building lights and then ran a twilight special. Cheers! Mike and Michele T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96TS3eDtRbE
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

LNR
Driver
Driver

Re: Twilight run on the Pistoria & Marradi Light railway

Post by LNR » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:11 am

Nice atmospheric shots there with the great lighting effects.
Grant.

artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Twilight run on the Pistoria & Marradi Light railway

Post by artfull dodger » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:50 am

Thank you! For me, even on a raised railway, its all about getting the railway atmosphere. Right now I am debating what headlamps to get for my Lady Anne. Looking at either the big Darjeeling lamps from Roundhouse for a bit of a ex-bush engine look or the German/Austrian lamps from Regner. I would be putting one in front of the chimney and one facing rearward..either on the cab roof or on the rear bunker wall. Both would be lighted with an LED. Gotta have my night running as my normal work shift is 2nd's, so I get home around 1am. Many times I will run a train before I lay down for the night. Not sure which way I want to go.
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!