PLR - This weekend's operating session

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PLR - This weekend's operating session

Post by ge_rik » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:33 am

steamer68 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:42 am Hi Rik PLR is looking great love the scenery and water mill area and a really nice selection of locos. Thanks for sharing this lovely video. :thumbright:
Thanks Kevin
Glad you liked it.
Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BertieB » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 am

Wow! There's so much to admire here. It's all beautifully realised. Some very nicely composed and satisfying shots too. Strewth... [shakes head, slowly]

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:06 am

I was having a look back at some of your early videos Rik particularly the construction of the line and you can see why the railway looks the way it does today which is brilliant.

When I mentioned Deltang to people at the recent steam up I attended your name along with the PLR were all well know.

When are we going to see some live steam action please (do it for me at least, I like the Regner).

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:36 am

tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:06 am When I mentioned Deltang to people at the recent steam up I attended your name along with the PLR were all well know.
When are we going to see some live steam action please (do it for me at least, I like the Regner).
Hi Tom. Yes, a bit scary. I've mentioned before, that once when I was at a table top sale in a Nantwich, a model railway club from Market Drayton had a stall, so I went and had a chat. The chap asked which scale I modelled in, and when I said 16mm, he said, "You must be Rik".

I'll dust off the Regner over the summer and give her a blast. Must get around to fitting PLR couplings and matybe even RC, though she doesn't really need it
BertieB wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 am Some very nicely composed and satisfying shots ......
Thanks. That's very gratifying. I'm always trying to find new viewpoints, but some crop up more than once. More difficult now I've cleared some of the undergrowth at the back of the garden, until the new shrubs become established.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:27 am

You have done another superb video Rik. Who is looking for any slight errors and who cares, I don’t….

I just see a fantasisimo, (is that word,) line with fantastic scenery and loco’s with fantastic rolling stock. :thumbright:

I would be so happy to have one fifth of your line Rik.. a really fantastic line that I am sure we all enjoy whatever other people see of any mistakes.

Note to self…must stop using Fantastic so much… :lol: :lol: :lol: