Exeter Garden Railway Show 19.10.2013

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
ace
Fireman
Fireman

Exeter Garden Railway Show 19.10.2013

Post by ace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Hello there Guys. Today my Dad and I visited the Exeter Garden Railway Show at the Matford Centre in Exeter today. I Had a great time there meeting lots of new people and admiring some of the great goings on that are around. I just love going to shows to get inspiration for myself and seeing who and what is around.

Please feel free if anyone else has any photos, no matter how many to flood this thread with them, it would be great to see them all!

Here are some images I have taken of the day. :)

I ran my Tram, Suffolk Punch on the heritage 16mm NGM club line. Thank you so much for allowing me!

There were lots of great models on there too here are some snaps.

And I managed to run the Plantation locomotive I have been building for the last week. See the build thread here:

http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about7842.html

Some other great models about the place.

I really want one of these, Santa please?

A video is uploading and will post shortly :)

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Really like that last shot - very characterful track! What is the layout, do you remember?

Thanks for sharing all these.
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 pm

hussra:90700 wrote:Really like that last shot - very characterful track! What is the layout, do you remember?

Thanks for sharing all these.
It is my pleasure to share them all. I know I really enjoying others pictures at shows so I am just returning the favour. :)

The last display picture is of the Skaigh Vally Tramway. It was 7/8th and indeed my favourite exhibit there. I just loved the detail involved.

Anyway here is the video as promised.

<object width="800" height="600"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/6cJShzigzJ0?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/6cJShzigzJ0?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="600" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Wel done.... good video of an excellent show, (which I missed!)
Some very nice stock items there (not sure about the Plantation loco (oops, did I say something wrong?)  Glad you enjoyed the day, that's what it's all about!

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Peter Butler:90708 wrote:Wel done.... good video of an excellent show, (which I missed!)
Some very nice stock items there (not sure about the Plantation loco (oops, did I say something wrong?)  Glad you enjoyed the day, that's what it's all about!
It was indeed a great day. I was pleased to run both my locos and put some faces to some names at long last.

You didn't say anything wrong, my Plantation model is not everyone's cup of tea & I understand that. ;) To be perfectly honest I am not yet accustomed to its 'toy like' appearance and it will be changing to try an correct that. I was in a rush to get it running so I could show it. :)

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:59 pm

I would not try to knock your personal likes, but as you say I would not be on the mailing list myself. However, I think there is great scope there for improvement and if you are going to work on it you should end up with a most satisfying and individual model.
I will be watching the posts with interest.

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Peter Butler:90711 wrote:I would not try to knock your personal likes, but as you say I would not be on the mailing list myself.  However, I think there is great scope there for improvement and if you are going to work on it you should end up with a most satisfying and individual model.  
I will be watching the posts with interest.
Thanks Peter, I would be grateful of any suggestions you may have for improvement. Could you pop them on the loco thread so I can refer back to them easily? ;)

I did see a lot of this stlye of models today and have got some ideas in mind. :)

TonyW
Driver
Driver

Re: Exeter Garden Railway Show 19.10.2013

Post by TonyW » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:42 am

ace:90696 wrote:Image
Now that is clever!
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

Bandit
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Bandit » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 am

Great pics !

Gremlin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Gremlin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:52 am

great video to give a flavour of the show, must get there one year.
The little red Hunslet caught my eye that flashed up for a second at the end..

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks for the posting I enjoyed it...

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks for posting. I was double booked taking Mrs B to Cats, earning brownie points but know where I rather would have been.
Bazzer42

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 pm

bazzer42:90725 wrote:Thanks for posting. I was double booked taking Mrs B to Cats, earning brownie points but know where I rather would have been.
I'm guessing Mrs B doesn't read your posts.

Bandit
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Bandit » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:35 pm

:wav:
Last edited by Bandit on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks for the photos.

I'm not far from Exeter but was working yesterday, but it's nice to see what I missed.

To make up for it I went to the Avon Valley gala today, great fun. The short run works as an advantage at a gala because the action doesn't get strung out - with four locos in steam there was stuff happening all over the place. I especially enjoyed watching the unusual sight of "Foxcote Manor" banking the lovely little Polish "Ferrum" on a freight, and riding behind the Manor as it blasted non-stop through Bitton on "The Bristolian" - I was expecting that to be somewhat tame, but the driver clearly had other ideas...

Cheers all,

Andrew.

HereticUK
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by HereticUK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for the photos and video! Wish I could have attended the show :( However, Warley is DEFINITELY going to happen. It will. Honest.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks for posting those photos and the video Ace. Certainly seems to be a brighter venue (light wise - lower ISO required) than the Peterborough venue.

Good to see that you got the Plantation loco running in time - seems to go along OK at a fair Mamod-ish speed as well.

£300 is rather steep for the Kenversions Mamod, particularly as it only has standard wobbly wheels fitted.

Roy has turned the De Winton into a very good runner now, but sadly it also has a price to match as well (£625 for that one with all the options).

Did you find time to visit the Mamod stand?

Chris Cairns.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Somehow, this appeared on FF yesterday..................

............... as did this (Hector the Hedgehog, complete with Bristol City scarf.........)

This also appeared (but didn't run - it was WAY too big)

............ and for the last half hour I ran the now traditional Beer o'clock train, with 4 locos eventually nearly all pulling it!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 am

That paint job on the Swift Sixteen Flash is excellent.

Where do you get the fittings (hand pump & nozzle) for your barrels Brian - Trenarren Models?

Chris Cairns.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Chris Cairns:90784 wrote:Where do you get the fittings (hand pump & nozzle) for your barrels Brian - Trenarren Models?
That's right!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html