Exeter Garden Railway Show 19.10.2013

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 am

Using that Portaloo coud be an explosive experience - judging by its next user it's a Camel-khazi...

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:48 pm

G - R - O - A - N !!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Peter Butler:90729 wrote:
bazzer42:90725 wrote:Thanks for posting. I was double booked taking Mrs B to Cats, earning brownie points but know where I rather would have been.
I'm guessing Mrs B doesn't read your posts.
No Peter she doesn't but she knows my view on Cats. The two hour story is cats have a ball once a year and the old one dies.......however sometimes you have to compromise. If I don't get to Steam in Beds I'll have done no shows this year.
I like the Exeter location,handy to get to and a good cafe, oh and the show was good - last year :cry:
Bazzer42

INJIN
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by INJIN » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 pm

More pix from Exeter

A very good show indeed

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 am

I like the Mamod/MSS quarry locomotive conversion.

Chris Cairns.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Nice set of photos! Was a very good day. I enjoyed seeing your tram on the heritage layout.

Managed to buy some more track so am a little closer to completing my line!

I uploaded my photos to my blog & Flickr account...

http://manbenchindustries.blogspot.co.uk/
Check out my steam and engineering youtube channel at...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8vX4P ... _PnvhldjjA

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Chris Cairns:90748 wrote:Good to see that you got the Plantation loco running in time - seems to go along OK at a fair Mamod-ish speed as well.
Thanks Chris, it did go ok for a first time. I had to keeps the speed up because the layout was uphill on one side and because it is hardly ran in, but that said I think it did ok. :)
Chris Cairns:90748 wrote:Did you find time to visit the Mamod stand?
I did visit the Mamod stand, quizzed whoever was on there about why the lack of reply to my emails, the chap got a bit defensive and I didn't feel obliged to talk any more. I was a little disappointed in the reception I got to be honest. But meeting Roy Wood and Chris Bird made up for that. I was all revved up for a fight with dream steam, but they didn't show up.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:29 pm

That is a pity Ace. A photo I've seen posted on Facebook has David Terry (Managing Director) manning the stand on his own at Exeter, just like at the Peterborough AGM show. Anywho thanks for trying.

Ah the No Dream Steam saga just continues to get worse - hope you paid by Credit Card although I do not think they help you on purchases below £100 these days!

Chris Cairns.

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Maybe it was David Terry, I have never met him or spoken to him. I just know how I felt when I talked to him and it wasn't a warm welcome that I got from the other trade stands. I should really give him the benefit of the doubt, he probably was tired after travelling all that way. I know how I felt after driving 4 hours to Elsecar show.

Maybe I'll ring him to clear things up. After all Mamod is the brand responsible for my being in this hobby. I am just being unreasonable.