Steaming in the Spring Sunshine

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Steaming in the Spring Sunshine

Post by mhlr » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 pm

I haven't posted any photos for a long time. Infact, I haven't really run trains properly for a while either. Hence the slightly shabby state of the railway, and the very long grass. I had a mate round for the afternoon, on the first nice day of a whole half term week of storms, so it was good to get the trains out before we go back to school on Monday :roll: :cry:

Bit cloudy at first.

Slightly Ffesty...

Linda only just goes under the "5' 12/16ths"... !!!

Linda leaving Bar Road Station.

Approaching Helford Halt.

Pulling into Mawnan Junction.

Always seem to get a flypast by some sort of aircraft on a running sesh... this time a Merlin approaching RNAS Culdrose.

Hope you enjoyed them. I sure enjoyed the steam up after a week couped up inside buildings.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:47 pm

Keith&Joanna:49044 wrote:i wish accucraft would do some more of the bogie wagons, i think they are cracking pieces of rolling stock, I'd love some more but no one has any  :cry:
There was loads of 'em at Lincoln today :D

Nice set of photo's Pete! Looks like you had a cracking days running and I still LOVE that backdrop! :D

garrymartin
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by garrymartin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:08 am

Looking at the View I must have driven past your home last Summer, a gorgeous spot for a railway. I love the rusting distant signal as well.
Cheers Garry
Area manager of the Rotherfield & Seahaven branch

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 am

Lovely pics Pete, I will second the fact that you have the best backdrop for a line.. I love it as well. My that bridge is tight!! Do you get backpressure issues when a steamy goes under it! :roll: ;)
Would the Fowler of fitted under that!

Get out there more & get more running done...bloody students slacking about...Tuh.. :D
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:55 am

Garry, if your down in this neck of the woods again, you'll have to let me know and drop by for a run!

And Shane, the line under the bridge hardly get used anymore after the newer section was put in, only the smaller stuff like quarry diesels will go under, and Linda JUST fits :D I don't think the Fowler did.

Cheers for the nice comments guys!

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:20 am

I really like the station platforms and other stone work. Great combination of elevated and ground-level sections, and the scenery! That railway must have taken forever to build!

Tom
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Tom » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Looks like you had a great time Pete, the backdrop is lovely too,
It brings back all the childhood memories of about 10 years ago :D when we came down to my dads bosses holiday house called 'Hotch Potch' over the other side of the Helford River to you in Helford on the stepp and windy road above the cafe which looked out onto the river, and he also owns 3 boats that were moored on the river. I used to love seeing and hearing the Seakings flying over from Culdrose out to sea :D Must get back down that way one day to see if anythings changed! :lol:

Anyway back to Trains the pictures look great , but that second picture is excellent!!D
Cheers Tom

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Oh how I wish my garden was as large as yours :(
A steam propelled life-style.

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Done steaming please send sunshine!!:lol: :lol: