Testing Flikr - No merit

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
RylstonLight
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Testing Flikr - No merit

Post by RylstonLight » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:07 pm

Sorry guys but wanted to test using Flikr as a host. The picture of little merit - a blurred polaroid from the early 70s.

ImageNeglect by Andrew Sykes, on Flickr

Breaking the fourth wall for a moment; there IS some merit as looking at the shot again I realise that this is beacon of recycling. The basis for the waggon is reclaimed wood from a fruit-box and the basis for the stove is the top from a Sherbet Fountain. Although IMHO I preferred the cardboard packaging for the Sherbet Fountains :thumbup:

BTW it is not possible to copy/paste the correct code using the Flickr app for Ipad, you have to log on via website for that option.

Andy
Andy S. at the Rylston Light Railway

philipy

Re: Testing Flikr - No merit

Post by philipy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:11 pm

RylstonLight wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:07 pm
BTW it is not possible to copy/paste the correct code using the Flickr app for Ipad, you have to log on via website for that option.
OK Andy, thanks for the info. Not having an ipad it never even occurred to me that it could be a problem ( or even that somebody would want to do that!)
I'll add a note to the How To
Philip

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:27 am

You can if you copy the BBcode and paste it directly onto the forum.
Just done this now from my Flikr gallery.

Would it still take up a lot of storage though Phillip or not. It is easier I think than the one I used for my Patrica Anne thread.

ImageDSCN3019 by Rod, on Flickr

philipy

Post by philipy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:40 am

FWLR wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:27 am You can if you copy the BBcode and paste it directly onto the forum.
Just done this now from my Flikr gallery.

Would it still take up a lot of storage though Phillip or not. It is easier I think than the one I used for my Patrica Anne thread.

Thanks Rod.

Pictures hosted on a 3rd Party site such as Flickr , and simply linked to the forum post ( as you have just done with your example), do not count at all to our forum file limit, whether you post one picture or 100 pictures in that way! Thats why we like it so much.
Philip

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:18 pm

Like Rod I use the BB code (but I'm not on an eyepad :lol: )
To get rid of the annoying tags it places, as a demonstration I paste the code as shown in this image (done this way so the BB code doesn't trigger):
bbe_editing.jpg
bbe_editing.jpg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 4845 times
And then delete everything except the text highlighted in green between and including the Image tags. You will then just get the picture when you preview or submit your post

Hope that helps.
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

Jimmyb
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Jimmyb » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:06 pm

I am currently using Post Image Philipy, and find it quite good, providing links etc.