New blog post - planning a garden railway

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: New blog post - planning a garden railway

Post by FWLR » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:48 am

This is another excellent Blog Rik on how to start a Garden Railway. If like most of us, we tend to want to put a line in with out much thought, had looked at this, it would have at least given us some insight into what is involved with planning and running a great line.

I am only saying this because I came into model railways later in life. Only started 3 and half years ago with N Gauge and now 16mm/SM32 18 months ago. So if I had waited 10 years or more, I don't think I would be able to do half of what I do now.

Thanks Rik for an excellent Blog. It's worth anyone new or even experienced in garden railways to look at your Blog's. They give so much wealth of knowledge, that I will look at your Blogs and see if It will help me.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:24 am

FWLR wrote: โ†‘Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:48 am This is another excellent Blog Rik on how to start a Garden Railway. If like most of us, we tend to want to put a line in with out much thought, had looked at this, it would have at least given us some insight into what is involved with planning and running a great line.

I am only saying this because I came into model railways later in life. Only started 3 and half years ago with N Gauge and now 16mm/SM32 18 months ago. So if I had waited 10 years or more, I don't think I would be able to do half of what I do now.

Thanks Rik for an excellent Blog. It's worth anyone new or even experienced in garden railways to look at your Blog's. They give so much wealth of knowledge, that I will look at your Blogs and see if It will help me.
Thanks Rod
It's encouraging that feedback from relative newcomers is as positive as from those who have been in the hobby for many years.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Robert Hammond
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Robert Hammond » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:46 pm

We rarely hear mention of a helical main line which passes over itself at one point and has the advantage of doubling the length of run in a small area, so long as there is enough space for easy gradients. Very good features described for modellers who are keen but not sure how to plan.