Page 1 of 1

New Railroad models complete loco kits

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:53 am
by roymattblack
Hello there.

Just to let you know I've re-introduced three of the original Locolines complete kits:

Wickham Tram
Kerr Stuart Shunter
Faireymead Sugar cane Diesel

All three kits are complete with motor, gearbox, battery box, wheels/chassis etc. Only batteries needed.

£31.50 each - free p/p in the UK.

http://www.rail-roadmodels.co.uk

All the best, Roy.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:43 pm
by MDLR
Can you post links to pictures on your Web Site? T'would be useful...............

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:09 pm
by roymattblack
As suggested - here's a link to the page:

http://www.rail-roadmodels.co.uk/#!comp ... -kits/c40j

Sorry - copy and paste the link above - I can't get it to work here....
It keeps ignoring the actual page link.

Roy.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:30 pm
by DANNO
Did someone built one of these kits ?
They look great and easy to make.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:34 pm
by roymattblack
I know I'm commenting on my own kits, but over the years I've sold hundreds of them. There must be one of my little kits on most garden railways by now.
They really are simple to build, pretty tough, a doddle to 'improve' and best of all, cheap enough so you don't cry if any kiddies, pets, or clod-footed friends wreck them.

Roy.

New Railroad models complete kits

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:01 pm
by roymattblack
Just to keep you all posted:

I have now introduced a complete kit of the quirky little 'Whippet Quick' railcar.

Have peep:

http://www.rail-roadmodels.co.uk

Roy.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:59 pm
by steampig
Quite interested in the Hunslet and/or Corris loco tops to graft onto a Faller 0 gauge battery chassis - but I can't get your web-site to work with my Firefox browser under linux. If I zoom out far enough I eventually get an 'add to basket' button which clicks, but it doesn't ... ?

Also wondering what to cut 2mm board with - I can imagine a scalpel going blunt quite fast.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:41 pm
by roymattblack
I'm not sure why your browser won't display the web pages properly...

The board actually cuts really well with a scalpel/craft knife.

My website email is:

royfitzsimmonds@yahoo.co.uk

Mail me there and I can send you pics/info and an invoice if you wish.

All the best, Roy.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:40 pm
by steampig
Suspect there may be some Microsoftisms in the html for your web site - but I made it work much better today and have ordered a green Hunslet (the flat running-plate will be easier to adapt to the flat Faller one than the stepped Corris). The killing move to getting the item into the basket was finding a drop-down colour-selection tab, which had hitherto eluded me.

What is the recommended adhesive for the card, so I can get some in? I have a hot-glue gun, but the rest of the stuff in the cupboard is just general purpose, plus three different sorts of plastic weld.

This is the most expensive individual model railway purchase I have made apart from live steam (what a cheap-skate)!

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:45 pm
by steampig
Kit arrived yesterday - it's almost as big as a Mamod!
I'd forgotten how big true 16mm is, as the Mamod scale seems rather smaller and the Faller Play/E-train scale is even smaller yet.
The Faller chassis will be completely dwarfed - I think I might scan the sheets and reduce to 80% or so, which would make up in close to 12mm scale. Maybe smaller.
However I'm waiting on Parcel Force to deliver some Faller rubble from Germany tomorrow, which contains relevant parts, rather than hurry to tear down one of my complete locos for measurement and fitting.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm
by steampig
Rough base-plate sizes (excluding buffers and couplings) are

Faller 7mm 3764 loco base 15.8 x 5.6cm
Same base but with pt77 12mm?? E/play-train wide-cab top 16 x 7.3cm
Mamod 20 x 8 cm
Hunslike kit 20 x 10cm

So 80% would seem to be about right.

With courier costs the package from Germany actually exceeded the cost of the kit, so now I'm on a new maximum - where will it all end?