Page 1 of 1
Sunny Sunday at the PTLR
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:53 pm
by laalratty
Here are a few pics from a visit by me and William to the Pine Tree light railway (thanks for the lift Dave and William

).
The PTLR is still in the middle of the construction of PTLR north and the cross garden rail link (CGRL), so it was with a bit of luck that the PTLR had and continuas circuit to run on

Gwydion and single Fairlie Guinevere double head (again)

The new Edrig for PTLR north Lesley K and Isabelle

Isabelle stuck in a 1920's timewarp? No, just messing around with some of the functions on my camera!
Thanks to PTLRcecil for stopping work on the CGRL for an afternoon to let us come round
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm
by made-in-england
Never seen a Edrig in black! would look immense with oil and engine throw out over it!
Nice pics!
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:05 pm
by MuzTrem
Aye, good shots

Where are those IoM coaches from?
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:30 pm
by laalratty
MuzTrem wrote:Aye, good shots

Where are those IoM coaches from?
Garden railway specilists i think
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:07 pm
by mhlr
Very nice pictures, Isabelle** looks the part pulling the IOM coaches. Looks like you had a great time. I wish I could get up there to visit :( lol
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 pm
by andysleigh
Nice pics . Those IOM coaches do look good isabel***.
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 pm
by SillyBilly
Here are mine.

'Isabelle' on the level crossing

'Leslie Kay' at Coppermils

'Gwydion' and 'Guenevere' approach Sleighton Heathers

Crossing 'Jubilee Bridge'

'Leslie Kay' pilots 'Isabelle' on the approach to Sleighton Heathers.
I need a new camera! Most of the photos I took came out a bit nasty, I don't think it likes moving objects.
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:33 pm
by andysleigh
SillyBilly wrote:They are laalratty's Andy!!!
.
OH damn, what was i thinking.
i shall edit it
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:46 pm
by mhlr
Nice shots Will! Looks like you had some great fun!
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:09 am
by ACLR
great pictures thanks for posting

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:55 pm
by ptlrcecil
Sorry for being a bit late

Our esteemed chairman

What is laalratty taking a picture of?
There are more pictures of the day on my website.
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:34 pm
by Chris Cairns
Some great photos. Thanks to all for posting them.
However I see some very large potential falls on that railway should one suffer a derailment. Certainly not suitable for a temperamental Mamod.
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 pm
by SillyBilly
Aaaah, that's bad!
The PTLR has many mamods Chris!
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:33 pm
by ptlrcecil
Yes and I did have a derailment on one of those high sections. Fortunatly newly resprayed gussie sufferd no damage as it fell off and guenevere prevented the stock from suffering a similar fate.
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm
by Matt
Great pics tere guys.
My mum's found out where her first parish is at. We're going to live at cockermouth (please, no jokes!). We're going for a taster weekend this weekend, before we head south for norfolk for 2 weeks (yeah!), but she says that me and my brothers can gota see our friends instead. I'm spending the monday on the ratty (hopefully, I'll get to see the visiting engine Sian) but on the sunday, I'm planning to either stay with one of my old school friends, if he answers the flipping phone, or possibley come and see on of you guys. So
1. Is anyone planning an open day on the sunday (with the ptlr busy expanding, I belive the responce from ptlrcecil will be a resounding no).
2. Does anyone know if there are trains running between workington and Furness on a sunday?
3. Finally, if I can't get a train on sunday, I'll have to come down on saturday night, so does anyone know where I can stay for satuday and sunday night (and please, don't surggest Ulveston station!)
I might still get in touch with my friend yet, so I might not come down, but I'm just posting this just in case.
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:25 pm
by mhlr
ptlrcecil wrote:Sorry for being a bit late

What is laalratty taking a picture of?
What is going on here then? Hmmmmmm...

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:32 pm
by Matt
Hey? what do you mean?
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:54 pm
by laalratty
Damn, I was hoping that this pic wasn't going to be posted

- but following the water squirting at midge's a while ago I know that PTLRcecil cannot be trusted

, although I could post the very nice pic I got of the 2 edrigs from that pic if you want.......
Matt there are no trains on the Cumbrian coast between Whitehaven and Barrow on Sundays and im going on holiday this weekend so I cannot help you with regard to steamups
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:04 pm
by Matt
oh bother!