Page 1 of 1
Waterfield Hall estate railway
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am
by jez kirkwood
I'm new here and told you all like pic's, so here's a shot of my 1:12 scale 32mm indoor shunting layout

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 am
by Narrow Minded
Very nice

Inglenook?
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 am
by jez kirkwood
Well spotted, it is an inglenook though with the added complication that I run it with six four wheel wagons and one double length bogie van rather than the usual eight four wheelers

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 am
by tom_tom_go
Great stuff Jez.
Can you fit a live steamer on that layout as that would complete the scene
Cheers,
Tom
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:03 pm
by jez kirkwood
Hi Tom, yes the intention was always to run live steam - not happy today though as I just missed out on a secondhand 'Excelsior' :-(
What ever I end up with will be considerably rebuilt partly to 'upscale' and partly to fit the limited clearances........
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:56 pm
by Sean C
That looks like a very well made layout. What size is it please? I am trying to reisit the temptatoin of trying a bigger scale than 16mm, but of course you can only reisist for so long

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:20 pm
by jez kirkwood
Hi Sean
The scenic board which you see in the photos is 5'x15" then there is a seperate board which clips to one end with the headshunt on it, this measures 2'x 9" so 7'x 15" overall. I have been invited to take it to Telford & Llanfair shows next year, it will also make an appearence at the Perrygrove gala in June.
Cheers
Jez
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:49 pm
by 90733
Looks great. I too am tempted by larger scales!! But also by building a small 16mm layout too!
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:49 pm
by jez kirkwood
And here's a quick out and back trip on the garden line today - very much a work in progress!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0KZuTPO_mQ
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:38 pm
by LMS-Jools
Luvvly Jubbly

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:11 pm
by Gremlin
that was a nice trip
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 pm
by laalratty
Most interesting, I'm a volunteer on the Ravenglass and Eskdale and so I'm interested in any modelling of 15 inch gauge, so I can also see myself one day moving up the scales although I'd probably keep my 16mm stuff
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 pm
by jez kirkwood
Having posted a new vid on you tube last week I was reminded by Mr Bond that I haven't posted anything on here for ages..........
The indoor layout went to Telford and Llanfair in 2012 and has been invited back to both shows this year - in it's new extended form. This is a new board inspired by the Duffield Bank engine shed. So far the baseboard is done and the track down, just the buildings and scenery to do!!
Out in the garden we decided modify the 'out & back' and we now have a circuit of 140' and a steamup siding, points are in place for a passing loop and two long stock sidings - I'm just waiting for funds to buy another box of track.......
Here's the latest vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol_J7MR_ ... Xw&index=1 featuring 'Evelyn' a 1:12 scale 15"gauge tender engine built on an Accucraft Lawley power unit, since the vid was done I've fitted a DJB whistle. This loco is owned by my son - but I have been allowed to play with it a couple of times as my Vincent is still on it's way from Germany...................
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm
by laalratty
Nice one Jez, like that loco, especially the square specticals, just needs a pair of pony trucks and a repaint into muscat green

Looks good with the Heywood stock too
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm
by jez kirkwood
laalratty:78965 wrote:Nice one Jez, like that loco, especially the square specticals, just needs a pair of pony trucks and a repaint into muscat green

Looks good with the Heywood stock too

'Rock' was one of the main influences along with Exmoor's 'Black Beauty'. The vid shows the first time the loco had been run since the cab and tender had been built (it now has coal!).
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm
by LMS-Jools
Very nice and most interesting. :D 8)
this clip >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_56oSuIF-8k which I have probably posted before may be of interest to 1/ 12thers too lol
