Page 1 of 1

Raised railway & water

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 am
by Coco Morgan
I'm in the design/planning stage for a new layout in a new location. I'd like to have it raised off the ground for the obvious reasons -- knees & back. Maybe a raised bed from pavers or posts & stringers. However, I'm stumped as to how to incorporate my bridges and put in some water features like a stream and waterfall or even a dry riverbed.

Creating another level for my 500 feet of track and such would require truckloads of expensive fill. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:00 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
Yes, one way of accheiving raisedrailways and water ways is to build filled dual walls. Where you have a wall then a gap filled with rubble and soil then another wall. the surrounded area can be accessed by a or some removable bridges.

this is not mine but shows the idea http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperBlemis ... yiXcQyAKWE