Page 1 of 1

Afternoon outing to the PTLR

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:46 pm
by laalratty
I was rather pleased in the middle of last week (during freshers week for uni :roll: ) to get an email from PTLRsam saying that the latest piece of motive power for the Fairfield Railway was having its inaugral run on the PTLR, and if I could get transport would I like to attend? You can guess what my answer was (after a week of riding on the bus for uni, going on the train to the PTLR was a much more pleasnt experiance! :D )

Image
For the first time, Caradocs in three different liveries were lined up at Pine Tree Road

Image
This is I reckon the 4th line this paring has double headed on, mine and PTLRcecils Caradoc
But the real attraction was this beauty...

Image
A Roundhouse Atlantic, which went as well as it looked (of course)

Image
The Atlantic was soon double heading with PTLRsam's Argyll, although this is named Atlantic and the Atlantic is to be named Argyll!
Many thanks to all at the PTLR, and also Transpennine Express who actually managed to get me both there and back on time! :shock:

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:49 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
cor! Looks like a good time was had! I like the blue carradoc- it is a shame accucraft don't produce blue locos! The atlantics are very impressive.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:09 pm
by mhlr
MMMMMMMMMMMMM *drools* nice Atlantic/Argyll/Atlanylltic :? :? ahhh whatever that shiny green thing is! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Nice locos there, if only I had the money..........

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:43 pm
by Endless, Nameless
Serious envy going on here, I've gone gamboge... Love the Caradoc line- up (lined blue, mmmm), and the Atlantic too 8)

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 am
by LMS-Jools
Excellent pics of the triplets lol

and a nice looking new Atlantic Il ook forward to seeing them in the flesh my self and comparing them. 8)

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:52 pm
by Hancockshire
mhlr wrote:MMMMMMMMMMMMM *drools* nice Atlantic/Argyll/Atlanylltic
What you mean is SHININININY

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 pm
by ptlrcecil
What we mean is very very expensive.