Page 1 of 1
Little Morecambe Steam Railway Steam Up
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:43 pm
by SLRmidge
LMSJools invited us round for a wind blown session on his line this afternoon. There was a surprisingly good turnout and a surprise or two, eh Laalratty

Some pics below......
PTLRSam brought no less than three old Archangel loco's, the Jack being coal fired.
What a lovely smell.....
Tell us more Laalratty
Russell passes Taliesin.....
Jack passes Hest Bank...
Finally, PTLRCecils meth fired Lady Anne.....

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:05 pm
by SillyBilly
I'm sure laalratty doesn't feel like his house is secure at night given that I know where he lives

.
Please tell me that PTLRCecil has put the PTLR web address on that tender??

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:42 pm
by MuzTrem
Nice pics

It's always nice to see old Archangels in steam...
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:04 pm
by riveresk
Lol, Taliesin! And I wasn't there to see it run, *huffs*. Hope you all had a brilliant time. And a brilliant addition to the fleet, three cheers for brilliant Uncles.
And fantastic pics too, of course.
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 pm
by laalratty
SillyBilly wrote:I'm sure laalratty doesn't feel like his house is secure at night given that I know where he lives

.
I would love to know how you would get here, and also I would know if someone was trying to nick Taliesin, it is padlocked to the floor and burgular alarmed
Here are my pics of a great afternoon at Jool's

2 locos which seem to attend all steamups at the moment, SLRmidge's Kitiwake and Silver Lady "Francis"

"pray pray pray Sir Robin"
PTLRcecil's Lady Anne now named Sir Robin and in a fetching black livery

The ANLR's new favorite engine

passing Bolton Le Sands, dosn't it look nice?

PTLRsam was certainly having to "shovel-more" with this great little engine, Jack.
SillyBilly wrote:Please tell me that PTLRCecil has put the PTLR web address on that tender??

You are going to like this

Yes, the livery applied to Tornado when completed inspired this addition (although it is also seen on a certain Welsh Highland railway garratt!)
With thanks to LMSjools for hosting a great event and my uncle for buying a Taliesin

(and also taking me to this steamup)
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:27 pm
by riveresk
SillyBilly wrote:I'm sure laalratty doesn't feel like his house is secure at night given that I know where he lives

.
would love to know how you would get here, and also I would know if someone was trying to nick Taliesin, it is padlocked to the floor and burgular alarmed
Ah, but I have a key to the house and a free rein at Easter steam ups *hint hint*
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:29 pm
by pauly
when did Ratty get a Taliesin

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:38 pm
by laalratty
see here
www.gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about1102.html
You will see that I don't actually own it!
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:40 pm
by bungle80a
Can I just say I am gutted I couldnt attend this steam up! Looks like a great time was had by all and 'Uncle Keith' has a very VERY nice new loco!
Re: Sir Robin.... Looks great in black cecil, and I think i'll make silly suggestions like putting the web address on the tender more often if people are gonna listen!! LOL!
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:26 pm
by ptlrcecil
Yes a good day was had by all and yes that is a
www.ptlrfest.co.uk on the tender. Unlike compare the meerkat.com the site does not exist though.
These furtive archangel experts

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm
by pauly
ahh nothing like the smell of burning coal

how was the coal burning Jack acquired? I heard that they are rather expensive and hard to find

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm
by SLRmidge
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:36 pm
by pauly
also chuck on a shovel of cheap petrol station coal every now and then for plenty of coal clag/smoke

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:39 pm
by laalratty
pauly wrote:also chuck on a shovel of cheap petrol station coal every now and then for plenty of coal clag/smoke ;)
Not with that engine! The firebox is tiny and only the finest quality anthracite will do according to the Archangel expert.
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:45 pm
by pauly
damn those tiny fireboxs
shame coal fired boilers are no longer made for edrigs

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:46 pm
by SLRmidge
pauly wrote: how was the coal burning Jack acquired? :(
Good old ebay
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55 pm
by pauly
it isnt re-gaugeable is it?
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 pm
by laalratty
pauly wrote:it isnt re-gaugeable is it?
I don't think it is regaugeable, when it was built my guess is everone went 32mm.
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:40 pm
by SillyBilly
Especially given that it has a pony truck.
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:56 pm
by ptlrcecil
pauly wrote:ahh nothing like the smell of burning coal :D how was the coal burning Jack acquired? I heard that they are rather expensive and hard to find :(
That wonderful website known as ebay.