The Westwood & Loscoe Light Railway
-
Pendo Pilot
-
Narrow Minded
Indeed they are - the "small signal box" versionhussra:78355 wrote: - are some of these parts from Steve Warrington's detailing sets? I'm sure I recognise the booking desk!
-
Narrow Minded
-
Sir haydn
- Sir Clothem Cap
- Driver

- Posts: 1708
- Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
- Location: Hampshire
- Contact:
-
Pretoria

I know -- you need a Theatre for your performing band of little people:
http://host-d.oddcast.com/php/applicati ... d=47147614
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
- dougrail
- Driver

- Posts: 1535
- Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
- Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia
-
Narrow Minded
The fact that it is a right handerdougrail:78425 wrote: what -is- wrong wit the RHS turnout?
Not a very efficient turnout - right handed off the main line, just before a left hand curve, to swing immediately left to run onto the shed.
The idea is to remove it and replace it with a straight section of track, and replace the first section of the curve with a left hand turnout - the "straight" section of which will then run onto the shed.
Hopefully much "cleaner" and force the prespective of a terminus and keep the line away from SWMBO's bluebells in the Spring!
The new roof is now on the waiting room and tomorrow is forecast for "showers", we also have an afternoon gig, but with the extra minutes of daylight maybe the new platform will get done and the buildings planted for Christmas!?
-
IrishPeter
-
Narrow Minded
Well, the weather forecast was for a 50% chance of rain.
A bit like tossing a coin really, unless it lands on its edge
Anyhow, it came down TAILS, which meant cats & dogs all day - so no new platform for Codnor
Instead, in the best of traditions, I've had a "day off" the railway, and once we got back from this afternoons gig (no, not dressed as a dancing elf Pretoria!), been imbibing of the Christmas Spirit. Theakston's Old Peculiar actually, and at this precise point in time would like to wish all fellow forumites (and visitors) a very
HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
(Because of the lack of frozen precipitation, no Westwood & Loscoe photo, but I hope one from the W&L of the other kind will suffice)

A bit like tossing a coin really, unless it lands on its edge
Anyhow, it came down TAILS, which meant cats & dogs all day - so no new platform for Codnor
Instead, in the best of traditions, I've had a "day off" the railway, and once we got back from this afternoons gig (no, not dressed as a dancing elf Pretoria!), been imbibing of the Christmas Spirit. Theakston's Old Peculiar actually, and at this precise point in time would like to wish all fellow forumites (and visitors) a very
HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
(Because of the lack of frozen precipitation, no Westwood & Loscoe photo, but I hope one from the W&L of the other kind will suffice)

- Chris Cairns
- Driver

- Posts: 2372
- Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:25 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
-
Narrow Minded
Thanks guys, getting there and since the roof is removeable I can always improve / enhance it:-)Chris Cairns:78469 wrote:Greg, that signal box interior is just brilliant.
Where did the chair, stove & kettle come from? Need something similar for my Guards Van.
Chris Cairns.
Chris the chair is a fridge magnet I picked up ages ago on my travels (always looking for "16millish" items!), the stove & kettle are dollshouse items - I'll send you a link.
Wow! That,s me dragged kicking & screaming into the 21st century - this post is from my brand new neoCore10 tablet!
Good old Santa!!
-
IrishPeter
-
Narrow Minded
As a confirmed Luddite as far as technology is concerned, getting a Tablet from old St Nic came as a total suprise - though with my affection for t'interweb, a very nice oneIrishPeter:78512 wrote:21t Century - I am still having trouble with some 20th century technology! Ah well!
Of course, such a nice signal box has got me wondering whether the R&CLRlys would have had need for such a thing...
Thanks for the inspiration!
I couldn't resist the Castle Caereinion kit when it showed up on a traders stall at the Butterley open weekend. Just what I wanted to pair with the waiting room I'd already got to add a bit more "W&Lness" to my line!
Imagineering the justification for the 'box at the Codnor Castle location just took a smattering of real history, stirred in with the mythology that is the Westwood & Loscoe
The quarry junction is situated at Codnor Castle, and though a ground frame would do the job, the building was erected to provide the necessary creature comforts out in the middle of nowhere for the duty Bobby - this also conveniently explains why this 'box is larger than the two at either of the two "termini" stations
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests



