A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
-
IrishPeter
Post
by IrishPeter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 pm
Pretoria:64805 wrote:
Just waiting for the plumber to install the pipes to the radiator then.
Are those the Risk Assessment, Health & Safety notices and Accident Book there on the wall ?

Actually if the time period of the railway is the 1970s and 80s it should be a girlie calendar from the local tool shop, the frying times at the local chippie and the old dog-earred H&S notice that said, in summary, that you are responsible for your own stupidity!
Before that a freebie calendar would have had less interesting content
Peter in AZ
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm
The doors are on!
(and the calender is by the pin-up posters ;) )
The opposite corner is still bare, waiting on the postie for the final bits :roll:
I'll really be glad to get the roof on and this thing out in the garden - it takes up
far too much room! Hopefully the temperature is going to rise a little over the next couple of days so fingers crossed :D
-
Pendo Pilot
Post
by Pendo Pilot » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:54 pm
Looks superb fella. Just needs one of those charts that explain the sizing between whitworth & Imperial threads..
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:10 pm
A bit of a Stop / Start kind of day today, but acheived
some milestones......
First off, this is the position of the new coaling point for Loscoe Station. (still needs painting

)
next up, looking down "The Alley" you can't see the bridge, (mission accomplished!)
But it's
there!
Still some concrete work required around the bridge and water feature, then the ballast, but the line is now continuous once again!
And finally, here's the "new" Brinsley Lodge.....

-
90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
-
Contact:
Post
by 90733 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:14 pm
Looks good, especially the new engine shed area.
Thanks
Jack
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Looks brill Greg.
Now let nature do the rest

-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm
Cheers Jack and Matt!
Now let nature do the rest
I need to give Mother Nature a hand first by way of painting the coaling stage and bridge.
I've had to "bed" the bridge down a fair way to get the deck height right for the trackbed, that and getting the angle right has meant some more chiselling and digging so the bridge was in and out a fair few times before I could position it - good job I decided
not to paint it first

-
Pendo Pilot
Post
by Pendo Pilot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm
Looks superb there fella. Bridge looks great, was worth almost totalling the garden centre wasnt it. Do you reckon there is enough clearance on the outside though. Maybe just me being used to 32mm & I know on your broad gauge there will be less overhang. Just looks like something like a Fowler would probably be quite close to that.
That shed looks most excellent, very tempted now for my other small MPD.
Nice work mate.
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 pm
I think it was shane that tried to total the garden centre. After all he did lead us through the narrow garden furniture bit!
-
Pendo Pilot
Post
by Pendo Pilot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 pm
Sir haydn:65143 wrote:I think it was shane that tried to total the garden centre. After all he did lead us through the narrow garden furniture bit!
Typical, blame me..

I thought there was load of room with the heavily overloaded trolley of supplies for 3 different railways.

-
hussra
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 872
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm
Post
by hussra » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am
Okay, who bought what? I too am familiar with the whole "getting concrete out of Steve Warrington's and through the garden centre" scenario. Last time, the garden centre had locked the gate by the ramp so had to carry it to the bottom of the steps...
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull
-
Pendo Pilot
Post
by Pendo Pilot » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:52 am
It is most fun isn't it Richard. Wasnt two bad to be fair, the ramp was open. But off hand we had a curved viaduct piece, coal stage, couple of small buildings, 4 sections of slate wall, 4 sections of courser slate/stone wall & 2 big bags of ballast plus Gregs handbag. I carried a set of points, 4 lengths of peco sm-32 & a coach & flatbed wagon body. Trolley was not the type to go straight of course.
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:23 am
plus Gregs handbag
Gregs
Manbag!

(essential for carrying my "Brain" aka C.R.A.F.T Book ......
Can't Remember A Flippin' Thing, if I don't write stuff down these days I have
no chance of remembering

)
Yes, Shane carried his "skinny Rail" and was trusted with pilot duties while Matt & myself took charge of the trolley - a recipe for disaster if ever there was one
A rather large and un-expected box arrived yesterday while I was away in Kent.............. see "New Model" thread

-
Pendo Pilot
Post
by Pendo Pilot » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 am
Did you get the 'other' box into the workshop yet though?
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:55 am
Pendo Pilot:65205 wrote:Did you get the 'other' box into the workshop yet though?
Been far too busy (garden
& work)

Matt & me couldn't resist opening it for a looksee when we got back
Trouble is, it's totally
mint, so I might have to have a re-think about what to do with it - I was expecting something a little "work weary" to carve up
(I'm definitely gonna take a few photo's sometime soon though!)
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 pm
Paid a quick visit to Brinsley Lodge before setting off to Butterley - looks like they're about ready to start work....

-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:18 am
Once the groundwork had settled, I really wasn't happy with how the new water feature looked - so yesterday I drained the pond, lifted everything and did it all again..................
I'm a happy bunny now
Major civil engineering works complete, It's time to concentrate on restoring the "scenics". Here's a preview of how Codnor Wood will look after the upheaval.
The Works is the biggest eyesore at the mo', I reckon once this area is sorted the end will be in sight!

-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:30 am
Brilliant Greg!
The bridge looks ace now!
-
Pendo Pilot
Post
by Pendo Pilot » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 am
Looks great especially the bridge area. A good photo point no doubt. The end is in sight then, be time to run something soon.

-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 am
Pendo Pilot:65556 wrote:Looks great especially the bridge area. A good photo point no doubt. The end is in sight then, be time to run something soon. ;)
Yay!!

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests