Once your studies are over you can get into work so you can move out and build something in your own place
The DVLR Mark 2
- tom_tom_go
- Driver

- Posts: 4824
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
-
Woodfields Light Railway
-
Woodfields Light Railway
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
I've always said that once the new railway is finished to a "runnable" standard (its much easier filming something when you arn't re-railing every 30 seconds) I'd try again.
Got a few story ideas up my sleeve but the basic premiss would be about setting up the new railway, getting the old characters and rusty old stock back together and starting up on a shoe string (a bit Early Tal-y-llyn style but not preservation) I need to wait for more scenics though. I am open to story line suggestions. I've always been encouraged by how many people ask me "when the next series will be" so thank you!
Got a few story ideas up my sleeve but the basic premiss would be about setting up the new railway, getting the old characters and rusty old stock back together and starting up on a shoe string (a bit Early Tal-y-llyn style but not preservation) I need to wait for more scenics though. I am open to story line suggestions. I've always been encouraged by how many people ask me "when the next series will be" so thank you!

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
- Gremlin
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 695
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:46 pm
- Location: Kent
they must be having a huge extension if the whole wall is being strenghtened. Old walls crumbling are really a pain, I've had to repair a fair bit of flint wall at work and we have 100's of meters of the stuff.
Oh what joy that is.
Hope everything gets put back by the builders and you can get going again.
Oh what joy that is.
Hope everything gets put back by the builders and you can get going again.
-
Big Jim
-
Woodfields Light Railway
-
Woodfields Light Railway
- Soar Valley Light
- Driver

- Posts: 1490
- Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:18 pm
- Location: North West Leicestershire
Hi Zach,
I've only just joined this forum. I've resolved to read as many of the threads as possible over time, starting with the ones about other peoples railways and experiences. The aim is to gain some tips and inspiration to spur me on to developing my own railway.
Yours was one of the first I chanced upon. I've read the whole lot over the last two days. It's been a great inspiration to me to see how you achieved what you achieved on a postage stamp! It was just like a reading a novel but I was so sad to find the latest chapter turned the story into a tragedy.
I hope you're studying civil engineering at Uni - or know someone who is! I hope you won't be too disheartened by the devastation visited upon your little world and I really hope the story will have a happy continuation. Please keep us posted as and when you can.
I've only just joined this forum. I've resolved to read as many of the threads as possible over time, starting with the ones about other peoples railways and experiences. The aim is to gain some tips and inspiration to spur me on to developing my own railway.
Yours was one of the first I chanced upon. I've read the whole lot over the last two days. It's been a great inspiration to me to see how you achieved what you achieved on a postage stamp! It was just like a reading a novel but I was so sad to find the latest chapter turned the story into a tragedy.
I hope you're studying civil engineering at Uni - or know someone who is! I hope you won't be too disheartened by the devastation visited upon your little world and I really hope the story will have a happy continuation. Please keep us posted as and when you can.
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
Woodfields Light Railway
- Soar Valley Light
- Driver

- Posts: 1490
- Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:18 pm
- Location: North West Leicestershire
On face value there doesn't appear to be too much physical devastation. I hope that's so.
The vegetation is another matter! Do you have a model of a working flail?
When I went to Nottingham as Section Manager we were still walking the Calverton Colliery Branch, nigh on ten years after the pit had shut. your line is a good representation of what it looked like!
Hope you can get something running again soon.
The vegetation is another matter! Do you have a model of a working flail?
When I went to Nottingham as Section Manager we were still walking the Calverton Colliery Branch, nigh on ten years after the pit had shut. your line is a good representation of what it looked like!
Hope you can get something running again soon.
-
Big Al
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
I'd noticed I'd been saying that a lot which is why I avoided it this time!
More track clearance this time, to get up more leaves and to get the soil, mud and MYOB out of the track. Its nice to be able to see that track snaking its way along now... There were in total of at least 16 plants killed by the builders so, at an average price of 4 pounds each I'll be claiming 64 pounds from them which I think is fair.
I have pruned the wisteria (with DLRDan's help) and tomorrow I'll try and have a steam up and start on some new changes.
More track clearance this time, to get up more leaves and to get the soil, mud and MYOB out of the track. Its nice to be able to see that track snaking its way along now... There were in total of at least 16 plants killed by the builders so, at an average price of 4 pounds each I'll be claiming 64 pounds from them which I think is fair.
I have pruned the wisteria (with DLRDan's help) and tomorrow I'll try and have a steam up and start on some new changes.

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests








