Steel wheels. I can even work out a decent paint scheme for them for you. I've never trusted the older design on super-boilered engines.
The Westwood & Loscoe Light Railway
-
DolwyddelanLightRail
-
DolwyddelanLightRail
Pretty much spot ondougrail:61059 wrote:Yes but DLR, didn't your wheels slip when you reboilered Britomart - and then the Butler wheels slip when you transferred them over to same engine?
-
Narrow Minded
A mysterious hole has appeared in the road next to Codnor Crossing.............
The police are looking in to it!

On a brighter note, we were working not ten minutes from "Rails of Sheffield" today, so a quick call-in was of course obligatory
Came away with one of this years Christmas presents from the wife!
The police are looking in to it!

On a brighter note, we were working not ten minutes from "Rails of Sheffield" today, so a quick call-in was of course obligatory
Came away with one of this years Christmas presents from the wife!
-
Narrow Minded
Groan, I didn't "twig" that at first - you're nicked!Pretoria:61082 wrote:Perhaps they should take a leaf out of their own book ?
Dunno if you can tell easily from the photo, but that earth is piled up against the crossing gates.
A critter (probably a rat from the adjoining fields) has burrowed down between the Police call-box and the Crossing Keepers hut
An eviction notice has been served
-
Pretoria
-
Narrow Minded
I don't care whether it's a Silurian or one of the Killer Bunnies off-spring - it's not getting planning permission to set up home at the side of Codnor Station, bloody travellers!Pretoria:61087 wrote:Narrow Minded:61084 wrote:A critter (probably a rat from the adjoining fields) has burrowed down between the Police call-box and the Crossing Keepers hut![]()
Are you sure it's not a Silurian digging its way up from the centre of the Earth -- after all, the hole is next to the Tardis !
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
Narrow Minded
-
Pretoria
She'll have to as the WC's have been nicked ! Which only leaves a PNarrow Minded:61092 wrote:The WPC's aren't going to stand for it!Mr. Bond of the DVLR:61090 wrote:Never mind the trouble time they are having with that hole, they are having a terrible time at HQ where someone has stolen all the toilets!
Police have nothing to go on...
-
Narrow Minded
Very sharpPretoria:61093 wrote:She'll have to as the WC's have been nicked ! Which only leaves a PNarrow Minded:61092 wrote:The WPC's aren't going to stand for it!Mr. Bond of the DVLR:61090 wrote:Never mind the trouble time they are having with that hole, they are having a terrible time at HQ where someone has stolen all the toilets!
Police have nothing to go on...
-
Narrow Minded
The latest addition to the diesel roster Codnor Castle, pictured at Brinsley Lodge just prior to route trials and short video below.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMU9TzP3Xf8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMU9TzP3Xf8?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMU9TzP3Xf8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMU9TzP3Xf8?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
-
Pendo Pilot
Ahhh a Jessie rolls on the W&L again... I see a good start point there to hang lots of details to (before the usual original bits start falling off it!)
Must say your P-way is digusting..
..LOL, proper NG I see (Or NR's idea how the WCML should be kept, although yours is smoother).
I see you wasted no time wiring it for sound, want that in teh Jackhouse but I have no room left in there..
Must say your P-way is digusting..
I see you wasted no time wiring it for sound, want that in teh Jackhouse but I have no room left in there..
-
Narrow Minded
I'll get those measurements to you tomorrow Shane - I'm sure you can "make room" for the circuit board and the speaker should fit behind the grill
I would have done it tonight, but the doors to Pentrich Siding main shed are bolted with "DO NOT DISTURB", "NO ENTRY" and "TOP SECRET" signs (written in crayon) pinned up!
I think the gang are busy on the Christmas Special
I would have done it tonight, but the doors to Pentrich Siding main shed are bolted with "DO NOT DISTURB", "NO ENTRY" and "TOP SECRET" signs (written in crayon) pinned up!
I think the gang are busy on the Christmas Special
-
Narrow Minded
I still can't get near the Carriage & Wagon shed at Pentrich, it's certainly a "hive of activity" down there though
However, on the way past Brinsley lodge I heard the sound of a diesel ;~

The Salem SM6, built in Llandeilo, Carmarthanshire is out on running trials after her refurb

No.7 CHATSWORTH still has a fair few cosmetic jobs outstanding, but initial "shake down" running will first of all highlight any potentail problems after the rebuild before proceding
Now, I wonder what's going on down in C&W?

The Salem SM6, built in Llandeilo, Carmarthanshire is out on running trials after her refurb

No.7 CHATSWORTH still has a fair few cosmetic jobs outstanding, but initial "shake down" running will first of all highlight any potentail problems after the rebuild before proceding
Now, I wonder what's going on down in C&W?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

