The DVLR Mark 2

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Post Reply
Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Great stuff Mr B. A veritable flurry of activity" :D
Do you happen to know what kind of plant that is that's currently your favourite? I could do with one of those! ;)

Also, if you're coming over Butterley again in the near future just let me know in advance - I have boxes full of old tins ready to gut into "wriggley tin" sheets!

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks! I don't know what that plant is but I kept the label. Its less bullyish than MYOB and has much smaller leaves.
I'll find out for you!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks Zach!
I wish my MYOB would be "bullyish"! I just can't seem to tempt it into making the kind of progress I'd really like. Several clumps of it in different spots, trying to find the best light/shade/soil/wind balance with no great success :?

User avatar
hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by hussra » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Narrow Minded:73172 wrote:Great stuff Mr B. A veritable flurry of activity" :D
Do you happen to know what kind of plant that is that's currently your favourite? I could do with one of those! ;)
Yes, ditto on the favourite plant.

And the route through the shed and workbench is inspirational - Mr Bond, you've got me wondering again about the possibilities.
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 am

Hold on a cotton pickin' minute - "the new slate wagon from Andel" :?:
(quickly scans website)
I don't see it listed, is this pre-production Mr Bond????
Running on 2'93/4"?????????

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Woopsie, yes I think it could be pre production and yes, its running on 2ft 9 and 3/4 inch gauge, whats more its only 3mm over scale in terms of width but I don't think any one knows about it yet so we'll have to keep it a bit quiet!
I love fitting plants into the most awkward spots, you really get a sense of acheivment and feel like a real railway pioner mapping the line accross difficult terrain...
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:11 pm

The slate wagon might be in production, as I nearly bought one from him at Llechfan. The railway is looking brilliant Zach, very attractive
Thanks
Jack

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Some sneaky peak photos of River Butley's new look before the offical video...
Image
Image
Image
Image
Thanks go to Dan and Tony Willmore for their work on the loco!

Doesn't she look stunning? (I know the frames and running boards want a repaint now...)
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Got back from holiday to find this:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Hmm, got some flailing to do...
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Pretoria

Post by Pretoria » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR:73739 wrote:Got back from holiday to find this:
Image
Image  Invasion of the carnivorous sheep-eating killer plant ! Image

DLRdan

Post by DLRdan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:42 pm

That will teach you to buy plants from unreliable sources.

laurence703

Post by laurence703 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Well at least you can't say the railway blends into the garden!

User avatar
hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by hussra » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:49 am

Case for hiring in a 40HP armoured Simplex to make a way through, FfR-style?
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

User avatar
TonyW
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Post by TonyW » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:17 am

Mr. Bond of the DVLR:73730 wrote:Thanks go to Dan and Tony Willmore for their work on the loco!
My pleasure! Nice to see the whole thing, rather than just the bodywork.
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Pretoria:73743 wrote:Image[/url]      Invasion of the carnivorous sheep-eating killer plant !       Image
Whatever they offer you - don't feed the plants!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzOidHfvOCs ;)

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Been doing bits and bobs about the DVLR
Image
The new Aldeburgh station building is coming together and the fence got a lick of paint
After eating lots of beans I finally got a roof on the tide mill
Image
Image
Then on to that horrid black plastic edging!
Image
I've been taking out the top bricks from the retaining wall and covering the black plastic with brown linin. Now you can take photos from right down on the water for great reflections!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Nice place for a picnic...
Image
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

LlanpwllBrynwyn

Post by LlanpwllBrynwyn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Looking very nice, I do like how you've disguised the liner...

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:52 pm

More work done on the line and the first steam up of River Butley in its new paintwork!
Also finished a cattle wagon I bought 2 years ago! It has working doors and is in a filthy condition.
Image
The covering up of the black plastic continues
Image
Together with the creation of the spit or beach
Image
The first layer of bricks was removed to alleviate the "canal" look
Image
Image
Image
I also installed the Aldeburgh siding/ engine shed.
The brick work still needs painting (Its AnDel brick sheet)
Lots of work to do on the shed
Image
Image
The whole area was ballasted with my "Seaside rowlands mix" (c)
Image
Image
The forest section which I am currently detailing in my videos is maturing nicely
Image
Image
And just a shot of RB as it departed Woodbridge with the mixed market train today
Image
I court up with it at Butley Halt (which is looking very tired)
Image
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:13 pm

That is coming on lovely now, the river especially looks much better. Mother nature is making the line come to life very well.

User avatar
hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by hussra » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 am

Now that is all looking very wonderful, Mr B. Great stuff!
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests