Sherwood Oaks Light Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Post Reply
MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:50 pm

It's just hit the East Midlands 16mm Web Site as a link, too!

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:42 pm

mhlr wrote:Nice website Matt, I've popped it onto my links page.  :D
Will do the same here Matt, but not tonight (03:20 shift looming, need sleep :roll: :D )

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:41 pm

Keith&Joanna wrote:
MDLR wrote:It's just hit the East Midlands 16mm Web Site as a link, too!
Do we all get on there ???
If you would like your line adding I'll be happy to do that - are you going to host a meeting there next year? I cam re-gauge at least 2 of my locos.................

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Well after months of the line being dormant I went out this afternoon. I had been looking at it a few weeks before and had realised the cuttings were way too wide so I went out to narrow them. I also found that the earth had setted too, so I dug a barrow full of earth from the soil pile and filled where necessary. I also took a few snaps of the small village all but the signal box have been out for a month or so now. At the moment the buildings are just sat on the soil but they are to have bases cut from scrap paving slabs in the spring.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

That's starting to look something like - pleased to see that the "Wreck of the Mamod" has survived the move!

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Certainly looking excellent.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:41 pm

:twisted: Nice to see a Mamod used as it was intended :D
Image

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:12 pm

very nice railway love it

but i am afraid i am a member of A.M.C.S. (anti mamod cruelty society)
and you are in breach of garden railway law. :lol: :protest: :lol:

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:03 pm

there are parts on an old maxwell hemmings ogwen there too  :P

I hear they are going to take a gas axe to that mamod soon!

User avatar
Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Should the forum start a save the mamod petition now? the bits do add character to the railway and it is still being used I suppose.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:43 pm

ME WANT OGWEN CAB :shock: :lol:

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Looking really good Matt, once you get some plants growing up in that slate it will be great. Also a big fan of the dumped mamod, wish I still had more bits of mamod left to scatter around my line.. However it was all sold off as salvagable..

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Matt were you not tempted to model a bit of the TR in there !! Dolgoch falls maybe.. it would be a great water feature.

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Had another brief spell in the garden again today in paint/glue drying time.
First a quick buffer stop, Greg will recognise the inspiration for this ( A GN15 layout at lincoln)
Image

Then I needed to move or get rid of some old concrete buildings from the veg plot. I decided to build an embankment to put the a-top. this way as they are under scale they are less likely to look out of place!
Image
and in relation to the line, the line will pass below them
Image
Also at Lincoln I purchased 2 Tuxcraft buildings at the right price. I really do need to break that fence up so these will help and with some plants around them wont be too noticable.
Image

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:33 pm

You could put a mirror behind each building to make it look a whole house than half a one

James-Buzz

Post by James-Buzz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:29 pm

where did the signal box come from?

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:55 pm

All resin buildings are from model town

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Nice one with the buffer stop Matt, it was "North Ings" wasn't it?? (I haven't had any joy with the JCB yet :roll: )

It's all starting to look very nice already, I personally can't wait for the first video of action on the spiral! :D
As you know, I've used a couple of the "garden ornament" concrete buildings to force perspective - any ideas of a supplier? I could do with a couple more.
Also, you have a couple of short lengths of "slate" walling (between your new Tuxcraft buildings at right angles to the fence) - whered'ya get 'em?

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Thats a Cain Howley Coal stage  ;)

and barton ings greg

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Ah Barton Ings, yet another senior moment! :roll: (Well it is my birthday next monday! :oops: )

I'll try googling again now, cheers Matt! :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests